The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck~! :smile:
wave_o_mutilation
Well then you're foolish. What's the point in this thread anyway? Of course you can get 3 A's - many people could if they worked hard enough and retook enough times.

Of course there is need for this thread, he just wants to know if what he intends to do is feisable and if anyone else has done anything similar and succeeded or if anyone is in the same position as him which is nice to know sometimes.
Nashir

Good luck with that Tears and Butterflies...!!! ...
man i'm glad u guys think i can do it lol.. adds up more motivation ...
and am also glad that someone else (Tear and butterflies again) is in very much a similar position ...
guess i will have to work my arse off...
hey butterflies? how much did u study for ur AS???

Hmm...I didn't really do much at all for AS to be perfectly honest. I never worked in my free's, rarely did hwk and got carried away with having a job and money to spend on clothes and alcohol so I kinda worked and went out too much. I realised in April, and by then Chemistry was just non redeemable so i just gave up (went to sleep in module 3 because I knew nothing :redface: - also down to poor tecahing and terrible time management on my teachers part)
History, I didn't do any work out of lesson really except about a week or so before the exam and my coursework. Psychology, I didn't find that difficult so that was okay and Politics, (my degree choice) I think I revised the most for, but my teacher is also fairly good (I think - no on else seem to agree lol)

I just hope this time next year I'll be saying I got AA(A)Ba at a level ()= general Studies

Thanks..
Good luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey! I'm in the same situation as you are!:s-smilie:
I'm want to get into medicine and need at least AAB or ABB, and because this year I've been lazy, I've ****ed it all up.
I'll be resiting most of my modules:
*maths (B) -> resiting C2 and M1 to get a high A
*bio (D) -> don't know which ones I'll be resiting (haven't been told what marks I got in each module yet, but at least I'll be resiting one)
*chem (C) -> resiting C1, C2 and dont now if C3

..AND..I'm taking psychology AS too next year, so, you see, i'm in the same situation as you. Next year I'll be working really hard, and expect you to do so too:wink: We'll make it through!! you'll see!!:smile:
Reply 23
hehe...then its good luck to every one in my position! ...
dam butterflies, even i slept and skipped lessons during CHM 3 lol
Reply 24
I think you can :biggrin:
I also got really bad AS grades and they seem even worse because i want to apply for medicine! But i'm going to be re-sitting 7 units in Jan and hoping to get atleast 2As and a B for A2. All you need is motivation! Promise yourself you're going to do well and you will!

If i can think i can do it. You should think you can too.
Reply 25
Thanx a lot mate...
i swear all these posts have motivated my quite a bit, and the result of this motivation has had me doing 4 - 6 hours of independent study for the last 5-6 days.... :biggrin:
thats once chapter of physics and 4 chapters of C3!!!
I don't mean to dishearten you but loads of people get bad grades and then promise themselves that they are going to work hard this year. It rarely lasts.

If you are actually serious about it, then I suggest disconnecting your internet, chucking your phone out the window and moving anything electronic out of your room immediatly. =P Those are the worst distractions.

Good luck,
Reply 27
wave_o_mutilation
Well then you're foolish. What's the point in this thread anyway? Of course you can get 3 A's - many people could if they worked hard enough and retook enough times.

OP - Procrastination is.....

But seriously the attitude is good - but mind you don't deflate against the rigours of CR&S...
Hi
does any1 have the question paper and the markscheme for Phy2 January 2008
need it urgently
Thnx

I went up 25 marks in a Biology re-sit. Went from a C to an A, so you will be able to if you put the work in. :smile:

Latest