The Student Room Group

How quickly do you read?

Whether you speed through books, or it takes you months to finish one, how quickly do you read? Find out your words per minute here!

Does that match up to what you expected? And how long would you say it takes you to finish a book? For simplicity's sake, lets go with a book of ~350 pages :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
145 words per minute, I like to read slow so I can imagine it happening. (If I ever read again that is).
Original post by shadowdweller
Whether you speed through books, or it takes you months to finish one, how quickly do you read? Find out your words per minute here!

Does that match up to what you expected? And how long would you say it takes you to finish a book? For simplicity's sake, lets go with a book of ~350 pages :tongue:

You read 469 words per minute.
That makes you 88% faster than the national average.

Dis a good thing???
Reply 3

:colondollar:

I'm usually faster too, damn medication :shakecane:

I can finish a 350 book in a day. The most books I have ever read is 5 in 2 days.
Original post by Rhaenys10
You read 469 words per minute.
That makes you 88% faster than the national average.

Dis a good thing???

That's impressive! Are you a big reader, or just happen to be speedy? :tongue:

Original post by spanker
145 words per minute, I like to read slow so I can imagine it happening. (If I ever read again that is).

Are you not a fan of reading then? :holmes:

Original post by Airmed
I'm usually faster too, damn medication :shakecane:

I can finish a 350 book in a day. The most books I have ever read is 5 in 2 days.

Okay, I am a bit jealous of your reading speed! I wish I still had time to read that much :moon:

What kinds of things do you like to read?
Reply 5

Okay, I am a bit jealous of your reading speed! I wish I still had time to read that much :moon:

What kinds of things do you like to read?

I don't have as much time as before, unfortunately. If it's fiction, then I can tear through it easily. With my non-fiction history and politics stuff, I read it a bit slower, so I can take notes.
Original post by Airmed
I don't have as much time as before, unfortunately. If it's fiction, then I can tear through it easily. With my non-fiction history and politics stuff, I read it a bit slower, so I can take notes.

I may have to pros you for some fiction recommendations then :mmm:

I definitely agree about non-fiction stuff being slower to read, it's so important to pay enough attention to the information :work:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You read 482 words per minute.
That makes you 93% faster than the national average.
Agreed, it's not going to be 100% accurate, unfortunately! I tried to read as I normally would, to get a good idea though.

How fast so you normally read a book, would you say? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Are you not a fan of reading then? :holmes:

I don't mind reading, just my mind tends to go off on it's own. So it takes me ages to finish a book because after reading something my mind makes up it's own story and I carried away.
I'll do the quiz later.

Fiction ~350 page books I can do in 2-3 days. If I'm really into it I can finish in a day.

Non-Fiction books take longer

Edit - Turns out 471 words per minute for me. 88% faster than national average. Jheeze.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 484. I do read quickly, but also helped I knew the answers to the questions as I had read the book! Ha
Non-fiction take me sooo much longer.

What kinds of things do you like to read? :smile:

Original post by spanker
I don't mind reading, just my mind tends to go off on it's own. So it takes me ages to finish a book because after reading something my mind makes up it's own story and I carried away.

Ohhh okay, so a very active imagination then? :tongue:

Original post by Conceited
I'll do the quiz later.

Fiction ~350 page books I can do in 2-3 days. If I'm really into it I can finish in a day.

Non-Fiction books take longer

That's pretty decent! I find the same, that I can finish a book much faster if I get really into it :yep:

Original post by VikkiHanley
I got 484. I do read quickly, but also helped I knew the answers to the questions as I had read the book! Ha

You cheat! :mmm:

Was it Alice in Wonderland though, by any chance? I had the same benefit for that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It takes me about1-2 weeks to finish a large book, but I can finish a normal sized book in about 3 days.
I read every single day.
Don't know why.
Original post by Mvine001
It takes me about1-2 weeks to finish a large book, but I can finish a normal sized book in about 3 days.
I read every single day.
Don't know why.

Reading is a way of life :love:

What do you like to read?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I read three books per week usually (average 300 pages long, 45 minutes per day) #Moooose
Reading is a way of life :love:

What do you like to read?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything with lots of blood, guts and action in.
Prefebly Greek/Roman books
Original post by OvergrownMoose
I read three books per week usually (average 300 pages long, 45 minutes per day) #Moooose

Are you doing the Goodread's challenge? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you doing the Goodread's challenge? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not actually! Never heard of it truth be told! I'll have to look it up :biggrin: #Moooose
read.png
I also have a really strange way of speed reading but it works really well.

I can read pretty darn fast, it is a blessing and a a curse.

Although I do read slower when it is something I really need to take in.

At school when teachers say Read these pages I feel so silly as I say I have done and most people are not even 1/4th of the way done and they do not think that I have actually read it.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending