The Student Room Group

Applying for medicine in Scottish Universities

Hi,I am an International student,I was thinking of applying to some universities in Scotland .Are there good chances for international students to apply to
Scottish Universities
Original post by aerako
Hi,I am an International student,I was thinking of applying to some universities in Scotland .Are there good chances for international students to apply to
Scottish Universities

St Andrews really likes international students from what I heard. Edinburgh is pretty open to international students as well. All the Scottish unis I've talked to really like international students so you won't be disadvantaged in that regard. But keep in my that for medicine, there are limited places for international students so the competition will be extremely high regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you meet the entry requirements which should be on the websites you have a good chance so go for it!
Reply 3
Hi,thanks...how can i find out how many seats are available for international students

Original post by wolfmoon88
St Andrews really likes international students from what I heard. Edinburgh is pretty open to international students as well. All the Scottish unis I've talked to really like international students so you won't be disadvantaged in that regard. But keep in my that for medicine, there are limited places for international students so the competition will be extremely high regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aerako
Hi,thanks...how can i find out how many seats are available for international students

It will vary every year but you can use previous years to gauge approximately how many places will be available this year. This information is usually available on the uni's website.
Reply 5
Thanks

It will vary every year but you can use previous years to gauge approximately how many places will be available this year. This information is usually available on the uni's website.
Original post by aerako
Thanks

No problem, good luck :smile:
Reply 7
I have gone thru many Unis websites ..but i couldnt find out how many seats are available for International students.
Any idea which would be the easier places to get into..which are the Unis more open to International Students?

No problem, good luck :smile:
Original post by aerako
I have gone thru many Unis websites ..but i couldnt find out how many seats are available for International students.
Any idea which would be the easier places to get into..which are the Unis more open to International Students?

Depends on your predicted grades. Do you have an idea of what they would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yes my grades are really good ..mostly 7,6,6 on HL subjects..Biology,Chemistry,Economics .
SL- 7,6,6 ..Math,English,French
IB scores

Depends on your predicted grades. Do you have an idea of what they would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aerako
Yes my grades are really good ..mostly 7,6,6 on HL subjects..Biology,Chemistry,Economics .
SL- 7,6,6 ..Math,English,French
IB scores

St Andrews and Aberdeen, maybe Glasgow would be your best bet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Thank you so much...can you suggest Uk unis too for me.

St Andrews and Aberdeen, maybe Glasgow would be your best bet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aerako
Thank you so much...can you suggest Uk unis too for me.

Umm I would go look at their websites yourself to check out requirements.

I will just suggest one uni, Queen Mary University of London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Ok thanks

Umm I would go look at their websites yourself to check out requirements.

I will just suggest one uni, Queen Mary University of London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aerako
Ok thanks

No problem, gl :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending