The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Do I need to bring...?

Hi everyone,

Im off to York in October and was just wondering if anyone knows if these items are provided by the university (self catering), or if ill need to bring my own?:

Duvets and pillows (will probably bring my own anyway, but just curious!)
Kettle
Toaster
Any other kitchen items provided???
Lamp

If anyone else has any queries about what specifics are provided by the university, feel free to ask here and hopefully someone will be able to give us some answers!

Thank you and see you soon!
Reply 1
You have to bring your own duvet and pillows and bedlinen

Not sure about kettle/toaster but i don't reckon it's worth taking one up

Kitchen stuff like pans etc. aren't provided

And i think lamps are provu ided

Although hopefully someone who has actually spent a year in the accommodation can give you some further advice :P
University of York
York
noodle999
Hi everyone,

Im off to York in October and was just wondering if anyone knows if these items are provided by the university (self catering), or if ill need to bring my own?:

Duvets and pillows (will probably bring my own anyway, but just curious!)
Kettle
Toaster
Any other kitchen items provided???
Lamp

If anyone else has any queries about what specifics are provided by the university, feel free to ask here and hopefully someone will be able to give us some answers!

Thank you and see you soon!

Bed stuff you need, yep. I think they gave me a pillow, but I use two anyway.

Kettle - if you're a massive tea/coffee drinker you might like to stick one in your room, but there will be one in the kitchen for communal use.

Toaster will be provided.

Pots and pans are not provided, but I would advise against taking too much of your own stuff. Maybe one or two essentials. Everyone will take stuff and there's not enough room and you'll all end up sharing anyway.

Lamp was provided in the room, but I took one and bought a third whilst I was there. I like to have a lot of light when I'm working as I spread the books/papers out all over the desk.
Reply 3
When I went to York they didn't provide toasters. They exist in most kitchens now because people like my fine self leave them there :P

Latest

Trending

Trending