The Student Room Group

English Literature EPQ idea help?

Hiya!

So I've recently decided to do an EPQ and it turns out we have a deadline for the end of February (which I had no idea about until today!) so I need to decide a title quickly.

I've decided I definitely want my topic to link towards English Lit (I want to study this at University) and I'm also super interested in History and Drama. The two titles I had come up with were:

1. The controversy of Wedekind's Spring Awakening (I'd be looking at how the play was received in 1800s Germany and how it has changed over time with modern audiences and different adaptations)

2. How religion is portrayed through the Chronicles of Narnia

I basically need to decide between these two ideas OR if anyone can suggest something entirely different within this field that would be great. My issue with the first idea is that there isn't too much information on it so it could be hard to research and my issue with the second one is that because they're childrens' books that it wouldn't be regarded as complex enough and there's already so much information on it that exists, that it wouldn't be seen as an original enough idea)

So please can you help me decide and give me some advice as to how to go about doing this - thank you so much!:smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I think I'm in the right place! I've put it in the A-Levels section because I'm doing this as part of my A-Levels, I think its worth an AS in UCAS points :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending