The Student Room Group

Ancient History Applicants for 2017 Entry

Hello!

Who else is applying to do ancient history at university?

I have applied to:
- Edinburgh
- St Andrews
- Warwick
- Manchester
- Newcastle

I have already got a conditional offer from Newcastle for BBB (it is lower than the usual as I am predicted an A in my EPQ).

Whoever else has applied to do so, where have you applied for and do you have any offers yet?
Reply 1
Original post by hazel levesque
Hello!

Who else is applying to do ancient history at university?

I have applied to:
- Edinburgh
- St Andrews
- Warwick
- Manchester
- Newcastle

I have already got a conditional offer from Newcastle for BBB (it is lower than the usual as I am predicted an A in my EPQ).

Whoever else has applied to do so, where have you applied for and do you have any offers yet?

i haven't applied to any unis yet but I'm going to apply to Southampton, Oxford Brookes, Royal Holloway and Winchester
Original post by FNugent
i haven't applied to any unis yet but I'm going to apply to Southampton, Oxford Brookes, Royal Holloway and Winchester

Best of luck and I hope you get the offers you want!
Reply 3

You too! Btw what are your grades your unis are offering?
Original post by FNugent
You too! Btw what are your grades your unis are offering?

AAB-ABB, but there is a BBB offer if I get an A in my EPQ.

Glad to hear you are applying to Oxford Brookes! Let me know if you have any questions!

Sophie
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Glad to hear you are applying to Oxford Brookes! Let me know if you have any questions!

Sophie

lmao I am not, probably got the wrong person
I applied to Cardiff and Royal Holloway for 'Ancient and Medieval History', 'History and the Medieval World' at Winchester, and 'Medieval and Early Modern' at Aberysywth. Relieved conditional offers from all but made Cardiff my firm and Winchester my insurance!
My conditions were (if it could be useful to anyone applying for these courses)-
Cardiff: AAB
Royal Holloway: ABB
Winchester and Aberyswyth: BBB
:biggrin:
I applied to Southampton,manchester and kent for ancient history, newcastle for classical studies and reading for ancient history and archeology
have had offers from all just trying to decide between newcastle, manchester and southampton!
Original post by Meglouiseprior
I applied to Cardiff and Royal Holloway for 'Ancient and Medieval History', 'History and the Medieval World' at Winchester, and 'Medieval and Early Modern' at Aberysywth. Relieved conditional offers from all but made Cardiff my firm and Winchester my insurance!
My conditions were (if it could be useful to anyone applying for these courses)-

WOW! well done on all those offers so quick as well. congratulations.
i was considering doing both ancient and medieval together - looks super interesting
Original post by olivia-pastor
I applied to Southampton,manchester and kent for ancient history, newcastle for classical studies and reading for ancient history and archeology
have had offers from all just trying to decide between newcastle, manchester and southampton!

omg congratulations on such quick offers; why is st Andrews so slow? :frown: hah
that must be a hard choice - at the moment I'm thinking of putting Newcastle as my insurance bc they have given me a BBB offer.
i hope you make a decision ur happy with!!
Hi! I've applied to do Ancient and Medieval history at Edinburgh :smile:

I've applied to Cardiff and Royal Holloway for the same course :smile: which one have you affirmed?
Original post by ninaarisa
Hi! I've applied to do Ancient and Medieval history at Edinburgh :smile:

nice, have they given you an offer or are you in agonising pain over the fact they take months?
nice, have they given you an offer or are you in agonising pain over the fact they take months?

I'm currently banging my head against a wall, they're taking forever!!!!!
Original post by ninaarisa
I've applied to Cardiff and Royal Holloway for the same course :smile: which one have you affirmed?

Haha I just saw you on the Cardiff Applicant thread! I declined Royal Holloway and made Cardiff my firm :smile: You?
Haha I just saw you on the Cardiff Applicant thread! I declined Royal Holloway and made Cardiff my firm :smile: You?

I'm debating between Birmingham, Cardiff and Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending