The Student Room Group

Have you ever been in love

Have you ever been in love, like really in love, like in a film? Or does that just happen in films?
If so, are you still with that person now and what happened

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;HEXWRTEbj1I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I[/video]
:mmm:
Unrequited love !
Yes I m marrying them next year:smile:
Reply 4
Yes, I've been in love with the same person for the last 8 years and finally marrying him next year :love:

I had never felt love before him, just strong lust and crushes. Its true that once you have felt love, you truly can tell the difference between love and all the other feelings you thought were love beforehand.
Reply 5
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes, I've been in love with the same person for the last 8 years and finally marrying him next year :love:

I had never felt love before him, just strong lust and crushes. Its true that once you have felt love, you truly can tell the difference between love and all the other feelings you thought were love beforehand.

Pls can you describe what it's like to be in love as opposed to just having a strong crush on someone.
Reply 6
Original post by Icefairy123
Pls can you describe what it's like to be in love as opposed to just having a strong crush on someone.

You care about them more than you care about yourself, you see all their flaws but you are still drawn to them - usually when you have a crush you just seem them as perfect and don't see their flaws at all, you want to make them happy, you feel like a unit almost - like you both come as a package and work together.

Its hard to explain :colondollar:
My girlfriend thinks I am
Reply 8

Crush is where you just like them physically that's it when i was at school i had a crush on my teacher because he was hot. We barely knew one another nor shared anything with each other it was just a crush. I was quite content with seeing them from afar i didnt want anything serious with them

Love is where you have that connection with someone, you want to know everything about them and would do anything to make them happy even if it means you wont be happy. You want to spend your life with them and love helps you grow as a person they make you a better person. Love is knowing someones strengths and weaknesses and accepting all of it and all of them.

I know you are probably wondering if you feel love or crush for your teacher but its a crush you dont know anything about her and vice versa. You have this fantasy in your head which isnt good because you will be left disappointed.
(edited 7 years ago)
err i dont think so?
Reply 10
No.

Only with food and I think the feelings are mutual.
i think I'm in love right now.

i had a really strong crush on my guy friend for about 1 and a half yrs. before that, we hated each other. now, i think we're pretty close. he never noticed my feelings towards him though and kept dating some pretty trashy girls (no offence to them, and it doesn't help that I'm pretty ugly). he left to america 6 months ago.

after that, i thought i got over him, and tried to move on. but suddenly, we started talking again, and i think i'm starting to fall for him again. but he's the type of guy who will end up with a beautiful, sporty, popular girl; the complete opposite of me. i know he'll never return my feelings, but i can't seem to stop them.

i think you'll know when you're in love if you can't get them off your mind. believe me, i've tried.

i hope this doesn't happen to you. it really hurts

Describing love is not easy it's a feeling which can't be limited or described in words. That's my take on it, but it's euphoric.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have had crushes on peole.
The result:
I'm a 17 year old loner.
:frown:
I've only ever had two real "relationships" with women in my life so far and I'm 18 now.

The first was with a girl when I was 15-16 and that lasted just shy of a year; she was in love with me, but I don't feel like I was with her, or I lied to myself about loving her.We dated for about 6 months, until which point she pressured me into saying that I loved her - I lied, for whatever reason. I cared about her a lot, but it never reached the same level as it did with the second girl (a level I didn't think existed, quite frankly).

The second "relationship" was when I was 17 (4 months before I would become 18). Now, this is where your question becomes incredibly difficult for me to answer because this was not a real relationship to begin with - she had broken up with her long-time boyfriend (who she said treated her like crap and who she still loved) and our fling only lasted 3 months with it also beginning as a friends with benefits scenario, but changing when she said she'd only see me (still not as a boyfriend, however). Nonetheless, I feel like I felt more for her in the 3 months I got to be with her than I ever did with my actual girlfriend of nearly a year. I felt ridiculous levels of intimacy with her, connecting in a way I never have before, sharing my deepest thoughts and feelings only to be supported and seemingly have that difficult effort returned in kind. It was sexual too, however including no actual sex. I grew attached (as I believed so strongly that she had too) and it ended on bad terms when I kept pressing for something more substantial than the "not-a-relationship" that we had, and she told me she still loved her ex. After being offered to remain as friends with benefits, I ended it... It took me months to get over her. almost a year.

Anyway, in direct response to the question asked, I do believe I have been in true love, felt real love for another, and it was the most devastating emotional blow I've ever taken. I subsequently do not believe in "love" (only as a strong bond/feelings for others), and if recovery back to how I felt before the second girl (hopeful toward finding love and happiness) is possible, I have yet to recover from her.
My bet would be: yes, I have been.

And then I ****ed up so bad I couldn't think for about two weeks after which I had to start studying for exams. Thankfully my desire for academic success is greater than anything, so it went ok.
Then after that settled down, after a while she suddenly ignored me completely while in person, like I didn't exist. Now THAT hurts like a mother****er. Barely managed to get out of bed for about a week, took a month or two to get back to what I'd call normal.
Perhaps the worst of all is that I know I am the one at fault, and I don't really accept it emotionally, because it would ****ing cripple me :smile:
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
Have had crushes on peole.
The result:
I'm a 17 year old loner.
:frown:

You're 17, you have plenty of time
I've had crushes, I dated them all and it was fabulous each time but l have never been in love, no. But those crushes/infatuations were intense enough anyways. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once. Never again.
1 crush.
A love that faded away.
But I'll never forget him. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending