The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
I plan to arrive on Saturday. I think I've waited long enough to start. There will be stuff planned for that night, it seems the best time to go. :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I'm coming on the saturday!
Reply 3
I'll be going on Sunday. I'm going to the scotland-lithuania game on the saturday, so i wouldnt arrive til late. I'd be getting thrown straight into a pub crawl and ive done nothing like it in my life - i need to be eased in a little more than that, and my mam would like to spend some time with me before i go rather than me being away at a footy match.

I'll be there about midday sunday.
Ahh, pub crawls. My favourite is a game I like to call Pub Golf.

18 pubs, 18 different pints. Each pint has a different par and you have to drink the pint in the same amount of gulps as the par. If you decide you can't do the pint at any time, you put it down and do a shot instead. And you can't talk to women at all, even barmaids. Person with the lowest score wins.
Reply 5
I won't be there until Monday.
i'll be there saturday afternoon, traffic depending, if there's a football game i may be later
Reply 7
grammar_king

18 pubs, 18 different pints. Each pint has a different par and you have to drink the pint in the same amount of gulps as the par. If you decide you can't do the pint at any time, you put it down and do a shot instead. And you can't talk to women at all, even barmaids. Person with the lowest score wins.

I laughed at that. Hehe.
I'll be there Friday morning, to get stuff (my flight comes in then).
I really can't wait for Saturday. The people at accommodation told us one starts to move in at 8.30 so I guess I'll be there then, aha.
Reply 8
beesintheknees

I'll be there Friday morning, to get stuff (my flight comes in then).
I really can't wait for Saturday. The people at accommodation told us one starts to move in at 8.30 so I guess I'll be there then, aha.

Me the same. See U then! :smile:
Reply 9
Where lives you?
GrantMac
I'll be going on Sunday. I'm going to the scotland-lithuania game on the saturday, so i wouldnt arrive til late. I'd be getting thrown straight into a pub crawl and ive done nothing like it in my life - i need to be eased in a little more than that, and my mam would like to spend some time with me before i go rather than me being away at a footy match.

I'll be there about midday sunday.

That's a euro qualifier yeah? Not sure when I'm going in though Beach party on the 9th sounds good :biggrin:
Reply 11
Artemidoros
That's a euro qualifier yeah? Not sure when I'm going in though Beach party on the 9th sounds good :biggrin:

Yeah. I had a ticket and flights booked for the France game in Paris on Wednesday too as i didnt expect to be at uni so early.
you might as well miss a day of freshers week for that, i would!
Reply 13
Artemidoros
you might as well miss a day of freshers week for that, i would!

It would be 3 days at least. I've been to a fair few scotland away games, including in france. I can do them again, i cant do freshers week again.
Reply 14
grammar_king

Hahaha, I know of this game! It is meant to be pretty interesting!!! Whole in one of you down the lot!! I think??? Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Am going up on Saturday, just want to get there now!
I'll move in on Saturday. Probably first thing in the morning since I'm going to Edinburgh earlier in the week.
Gavin175
Hahaha, I know of this game! It is meant to be pretty interesting!!! Whole in one of you down the lot!! I think??? Wouldn't miss it for the world!

It's quite interesting until you lose consciousness. I actually can't remember anything of the last time we played. That's why you also take caddies with you whose sole job is to make sure you get home in once piece.
Coming down on the Saturday.
Reply 18
I'm arriving Sunday morning, if none of my flights get delayed!

Latest

Trending

Trending