The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Mcdonalds never close the doors on applications. Staff tend to stick it out a few months then leave.
ash is right, and i got B/C's at my GCSE's, my frined got ALL U's, and for some reason he got a job at Mc Donalds before me!!! My skills are way better :redface:
Reply 3
September usually is a good time to apply for McDs, all the uni students goin back.

There isn't (in my store at least) as high a staff turn over as you might think, ive been there 3 years, and the ones leaving are the ones i started with.

My store has been a lot more rigerous with its hiring as we have had a few members of staff who are a complete waste of space, so don't be supprised if you are asked to complete some kind of customer care related activity.

Matt
Reply 4
gbtesh
ash is right, and i got B/C's at my GCSE's, my frined got ALL U's, and for some reason he got a job at Mc Donalds before me!!! My skills are way better :redface:

I dont think a minimum of 5'Cs or more applies to any fast food outlet :wink:
Reply 5
lethal1
I dont think a minimum of 5'Cs or more applies to any fast food outlet :wink:

Grades mean nothing, you will be assessed on your people skills etc.
Reply 6
yes
Reply 7
Part time is normally fairly easy, full time is a LOT harder to get in for. In my case, they wouldn't employ me because I'm too expensive. They wanted under 18s.
I know this is going to sound stupid, but what should I do to get an application form or whatever...queue up and ask to speak to the manager or what? how did those who work/worked there do it?
Yeah just queue up and ask for a form (just ask the person who is serving you), they will get you one.
Or you can print one off the internet, www.mcdonalds.co.uk just click on the careers section. and download crew application. Then fill it in and hand it in to the restaurant.
Reply 11
Hey. Tbh all the people I have worked with have been there for long than 6 months. They're all quite intelligent with good social skills. Okay, some don't have good grades, but grades and exams aren't everything, despite what you hear on TSR :smile:

I had two rounds of interviews, and am getting an assessment again at the end of three months. I think that alone tells you it's not as easy as it looks!
Reply 12
Id say it can be easy, but they dont take no rubbish. Basically if you get an interview, you have got the job. Unless your cocky in your interview because you think its mcdonalds and they hire everyone
Reply 13
Ive applied to McD's, Burger King and KFC (maybe subways, i cant remember that one) and none have ever got back to me. This was with 5+ A-C's at GCSE
It is entirely dependent on how desperate for staff they are. There are times when we'll take on pretty much anyone, and times when we have to turn decent applicants away. If you apply and don't hear back, I'd recommend ringing in to ask how your application is going, this is very likely to impress them. Just be polite, and fill in the form well (seriously, we tend not to interview people who show a clear lack of effort in this). If possible hand it in to a manager and get chatting to them, if they get a good impression of you they're very likely to ask you to an interview. Once you get this far the rest is easy: all it takes is eye contact, a friendly smile and politeness, and you're extremely likely to get hired.

Latest

Trending

Trending