The Student Room Group

1st Uni year. Live in accomodation or with my cousin in a flat?

So theres pros and cons of each option. Only cons of living in a house is that i will need to travel to uni (but in 2nd and 3rd yr i will need to do this too) and i may not be making as many friends as i wont be on campus as much.. any one got any advice?
Original post by Ak47_21
So theres pros and cons of each option. Only cons of living in a house is that i will need to travel to uni (but in 2nd and 3rd yr i will need to do this too) and i may not be making as many friends as i wont be on campus as much.. any one got any advice?

Which option is best for you depends on what kind of uni life you want. If you want the quiet life to mostly focus on uni work then living with your cousin is best assuming the commute isn't too long. However if you want the full 'uni experience' meeting lots of people, going out e.c.t then its easier if you are living in halls first year- certainly for the first few weeks at least people living in halls tend to stick with their flatmates until they meet other people.
Those not living on campus are missing out on some of the social stuff but honestly the money is the real difference.

I'm living off campus and am not currently panicking over my meals. Those who are have all but run out of money.

Depending how far away you are it's not so bad.
Reply 3
Original post by SomeGuyHere
Those not living on campus are missing out on some of the social stuff but honestly the money is the real difference.

I'm living off campus and am not currently panicking over my meals. Those who are have all but run out of money.

Depending how far away you are it's not so bad.

So would you say its worse financially to live off campus? and i wouldn'tbe living more than 20 mins on a bus probably .
Original post by Ak47_21
So would you say its worse financially to live off campus? and i wouldn'tbe living more than 20 mins on a bus probably .

No. I'm better off as I'm paying much less rent. The bus far I pay taken into account (about 30 mins on the bus) and I'm still doing better.
Reply 5
Original post by SomeGuyHere
No. I'm better off as I'm paying much less rent. The bus far I pay taken into account (about 30 mins on the bus) and I'm still doing better.

Thanks for the reply! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending