The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary MSc Physician Associate Studies January 2017

Hi Everyone, I thought I would start a thread for the Queen Mary PA course as there isn't one yet.

This way we can get to know anyone else who is on the course/ applying/ thinking of applying. Also, we might be able to help one another with any other queries!

I'm currently holding an offer to start in January, which I think is the only intake at the moment (correct me if I'm wrong). I have contacted Clair who said the course has passed the 2nd stage and everything is finalised :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi ZKay,
I'm currently holding onto a place for January too! Not sure how many people passed the interview but I was told to wait until the 25th November for everything to be finalised.
Shunaz :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Shunaz
Hi ZKay,
I'm currently holding onto a place for January too! Not sure how many people passed the interview but I was told to wait until the 25th November for everything to be finalised.
Shunaz :smile:

Hey that's great! Yea I emailed Clair and she said the official documents should be sent out this week and that the DBS checks will be running on the 1st week of Dec :smile:. Are you definitely sticking with Queen Mary?
Reply 3
Hopefully I should be. I am a little unsure of what's happening but reading your post was helpful. I get the idea that everything is a little stagnant at the moment but hopefully there's more interaction in the coming few weeks!
I'm also very inquisitive as to who received the offers from the day I was interviewed xD
Reply 4
Original post by Shunaz
Hopefully I should be. I am a little unsure of what's happening but reading your post was helpful. I get the idea that everything is a little stagnant at the moment but hopefully there's more interaction in the coming few weeks!
I'm also very inquisitive as to who received the offers from the day I was interviewed xD

Yea as am I! What day and time was your interview?

It looks like the unconditional offers came out today. I just accepted mine now so hopefully we will be getting more and more info, slowly but surely :smile:
Reply 5
Hey,

Just getting my DBS cleared but any information as to when we enrol?

I emailed the admissions team but no response as of yet. Do let me know!

Original post by ZKay

It looks like the unconditional offers came out today. I just accepted mine now so hopefully we will be getting more and more info, slowly but surely :smile:

Original post by ZKay

Reply 6
Hey,

Enrollment is on the 9th of January I believe.
I remember Clair mentioned that when I went in to hand over ID documents.

What day and time was your interview?

Original post by Shunaz
Hey,

Reply 7
Original post by Shunaz
Hey,

Hey. Have you pre-enrolled yet? Once you've done that then the next enrollment is on the 9th of Jan. I'm assuming we will get more details over the next week.
Reply 8
I'm thinking of applying to Queen Mary in the next intake! How is it going so far? and any tips for the personal statement?
Reply 9
Hey guys I've already applied to Queen Mary for physician associate course and I'm waiting for a reply - they did say it will take 4 weeks to come and so I will keep waiting as It has been 3 weeks now. I'm a little unsure about UKCAT -how much do I need to secure a place?
Reply 10
Hi guys :smile: You may find the new facebook PA group useful :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1794852010838384/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
Reply 11
For everyone who's on the course, how is it going so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by neom
For everyone who's on the course, how is it going so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's going really well thanks. The course is intense but very interesting and at Barts its very hand on. We got to our GP placements within the first couple weeks and start clinical placement 3/4 months in. Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:
Reply 13
Is the department of Msc Physician Associate good? Is everything being organised well in terms of lectures and exam?
Hi,
I am an applicant for January 2018 entry. I haven't heard anything back yet. I called about 2 months ago when I sent in my application and they said they look over applications around July, has anyone else heard about this?
Also, I had on my undergrad degree I had to take a referral exam to take in June which has delayed my graduation until November but I hope to get a 2:1, do you think this will affect my chances of securing a place?
Thank you.
Reply 15
Original post by HermioneG28
Hi,
I am an applicant for January 2018 entry. I haven't heard anything back yet. I called about 2 months ago when I sent in my application and they said they look over applications around July, has anyone else heard about this?
Also, I had on my undergrad degree I had to take a referral exam to take in June which has delayed my graduation until November but I hope to get a 2:1, do you think this will affect my chances of securing a place?
Thank you.

Hiya the minimum entry requirement for the programme is a 2:1 so don't worry at all. I believe the deadline for application submission is 10 September.
Definitely keep in contact with Admission and ask their input too just to be on the safe side about the delay in results. All in all good luck 😉
Reply 16
Original post by ZKay
It's going really well thanks. The course is intense but very interesting and at Barts its very hand on. We got to our GP placements within the first couple weeks and start clinical placement 3/4 months in. Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Sorry, I pressed return. Yes, I wondered what ballpark UKCAT score might be required. i also wanted to know how e.g. a typical week might be structured. It looks very intense and the website says some teaching is outside normal classroom hours. I live in London but the other side to QMUL - so a 1.5 hour journey by tube - would it be commutable or would I need to live near by? Thanks.
Reply 17
Hi everyone
I am thinking of applying for the 2018 intake. What is the funding situation now? I know last year they said they will be funding the second year but nothing online now. And also for those who have started, what is the average UKCAT score that wold help in securing a place and do you need clinical experience. Thanks!
Hi, I have just applied to Barts PA MSc. During the online application there was no request to input Ukcat scores, can anyone tell me how QMUL obtain this?Best regardsChai
Reply 19
[email protected] hi there this is an email from a queen Mary physician associate lecturer. I have spoken to him earlier this year and he said to email him my ukcat score, referring back to my application.
Hope this helps, Good luck!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending