The Student Room Group

Is this enough for 3 A Levels on UCAS?

Hi everyone, most universities I am applying to ask for 3 A levels. However I only do 2 A levels, 2 AS' and an EPQ. Most admissions team said they would consider it, but it all depends on an individual basis. Has anyone had an experience with this?
Original post by jeevan12
Hi everyone, most universities I am applying to ask for 3 A levels. However I only do 2 A levels, 2 AS' and an EPQ. Most admissions team said they would consider it, but it all depends on an individual basis. Has anyone had an experience with this?

If you ve spoken to all of the universities you re applying to and they ve said they d consider that then all you can do is hope that you won't be too disadvantaged I m afraid.
Reply 2

You would have to contact the universities and see what they would say about this.
Original post by claireestelle
If you ve spoken to all of the universities you re applying to and they ve said they d consider that then all you can do is hope that you won't be too disadvantaged I m afraid.

I agree
Reply 4

This means they want to see your whole application before deciding. They want to know if you have any extenuating circumstances, what your referee has to say about you, what your GCSEs (or equivalent) were like, how well you can write your PS - all the possible factors. Sometimes they can accept applicants who don't meet the standard admissions profile, but they're not going to commit themselves to anything before they know what you're actually like.
In all honesty, you're at a disadvantage. 3 whole A levels are regarded much better than what you're doing. It's like comparing BTEC and A levels, even though both have similar UCAS points weight, unis prefer full A levels. That's the total truth, no ********.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some universities count 2 AS-levels as 2 btw.
Reply 7
It's sad really because 2 A- Levels, 2 AS and an EPQ is probably A Lot more time consuming, requires more dedication and is likely to be harder then doing 3 A - Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending