The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What is this? an exclusive farthings only thread?! Why is no one at Ellenden? I sense some kind of conspricy....hmmm.
Oh, I didn't get ensuite either. Damm.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
mazvaz
Yeah, i rang up the accommodation office and they said the rooms in tyler court went in november since they operate on a 'first-come first-serve basis' which is totally unfair since i didn't get my offer til february! They should wait until everyone got offers and then open the application proccedure for accommodation!
Oh well, I'm still very excited! lol

That's odd, I get my offer in 2007 and applied in June and got a Tyler Court room :confused: (Tyler Court A)
the people who know where they will be staying...did the uni email u..if not how did u find out?
Reply 23
Yeah they did emailed me.
Reply 24
they email you and also your online accommodation accounts gets updated
Reply 25
Students don't shower anyway so the bathroom is usually free :wink:
Only joking but I had many friends in normal parkwood houses and yes sometimes you may not be able to use it when you want but you'll find that most of you in the house will start at different times each day anyway so the chances of needing the shower at the same time is slim.
If it is busy in the morning then just shower really late at night. As long as you don't sleep in your own filth then you'll be fine!
I'm sure that after a week or so we will have got 'used' to the other people we live with, and we'll know when people have their showers normally and just fit round each other - Also, at home i live with basically 5 other people + myself (me mum dad bro sis, and my sisters boyf is normally round) and we cope with 2 bathrooms - its easy, and i've never had to 'queue' lol!!!
But i agree, the 'clean' issue is a problem! I suppose we'll have to make the messy people a makeshift bathroom in the 'garden' or summat until they learn to clean up after themselves :P
Reply 27
I hope there's decent hot water. If it boils down (no pun intended) to fighting each other for the first shower of the day, it could get interesting. :rolleyes:
Reply 28
the hot water wont run out, the water is heated up by the uni fernaces so you'll never have to worry about running out of water.

and for christ sake what is the problem with sharing a bathroom? yes it would be nice if everyone had an en-suite but the reality is that there are obvioulsy not enough ensuites for everyone, so get over yourselfs and just get on with things. its only sharing a shower the way its been talked about on here is like your going to catch the plague, its ridiculous!
Reply 29
the plague?!?!, your forgetting cooties! :smile:
As long as no one pees in the shower.... :wink:
Reply 31
My sister's at a US school and sharing a bathroom with five other girls, and thus far they haven't had any problems. (They're rebuilding one of the dorm buildings; otherwise it would be four to a bathroom.) So three shouldn't be that big an issue.

(By the way, I'm in Ellenden Court--anyone else there?)
Reply 32
LexLuthorMustDie
As long as no one pees in the shower.... :wink:

Oh my... :eek:
Brent Dax
My sister's at a US school and sharing a bathroom with five other girls, and thus far they haven't had any problems. (They're rebuilding one of the dorm buildings; otherwise it would be four to a bathroom.) So three shouldn't be that big an issue.

(By the way, I'm in Ellenden Court--anyone else there?)

Me, and your the only other male I know of who is in Ellenden Court.
Reply 34
On the other hand, I was given ensuite when I asked for a standard room. It's all sorted now though.
Weird.
Reply 35
LexLuthorMustDie

Well, hello neighbor.
Reply 36
LexLuthorMustDie

Hey, I'm in Ellenden Court. Hello :smile:
Reply 37
hi
im in ellenden court too! 6D
nice to meet you!
Reply 38
I'm 10/B Ellenden Court,
Nice to meet you!
Reply 39
what course are you doing?

Latest

Trending