The Student Room Group

EPQ Question Help

Hiya,

I need some help as to what my EPQ question should be. I know it has to be quite specific and whilst I have a clear idea of what I want to base my project on, I need help with how to create a question.

My idea is related to Psychology and English Literature:

- The psychological development of characters by authors that causes them to have their own unique personalities and thought processes.
- Psychology behind why readers, feel emotions towards characters, despite them being fictional characters in fictional worlds.
- How we feel as though we actually know them as people both throughout and at the end of reading a novel.
- Why fictional characters' lives matter to us.

I know the title has to be concise but I'd really like to include these things if possible. Obviously the last 3 points are all similar, and whilst the first point is related, it's not so much about the readers' connection to a character, but the author's role in their development.

I ideally want to look into the psychology behind the development of characters by authors and how this builds the psychological connection between the character and reader.

Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest