The Student Room Group

Module Grades on UCAS app - Teachers being idiots.

On the UCAS website itself it says "Include modular grades is optional unless the university state otherwise" but my college is adamant that you need to include them. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem except for I got a B in one Psychology exam and an A in the other, averaging out as an A. My worry is that including the B in the modular result will look like i'm not as intelligent as if I just left the overall AS grade as an A without the modular units. My college will not send the UCAS app off until i add the modular units in!!!
Have you politely told them you ve spoken to ucas and they ve said it's not necessary?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Have you politely told them you ve spoken to ucas and they ve said it's not necessary?

I've told my tutor in an email that I have paid and sent however not included unit grades because on the UCAS website it says this is optional. Her reply was that they do need the unit grades. As she is the individual to attach my references I can hardly get around it but there's no benefit to me by including them?
Original post by Rigby16
On the UCAS website itself it says "Include modular grades is optional unless the university state otherwise" but my college is adamant that you need to include them. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem except for I got a B in one Psychology exam and an A in the other, averaging out as an A. My worry is that including the B in the modular result will look like i'm not as intelligent as if I just left the overall AS grade as an A without the modular units. My college will not send the UCAS app off until i add the modular units in!!!

Add them in

Virtually no universities look at them and those that do wont hold a slightly lower module grade against you.
Original post by Rigby16
I've told my tutor in an email that I have paid and sent however not included unit grades because on the UCAS website it says this is optional. Her reply was that they do need the unit grades. As she is the individual to attach my references I can hardly get around it but there's no benefit to me by including them?

I guess it's a catch 22 situation, you may just have to bite the bullet and include them an A is an A either way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending