The Student Room Group

GCSE predicted grades ok for medicine?

I have achieved an A in additional science GCSE in year 10 and currently in year 11 am predicted 2 A* 4 As and 1 B which would be in maths. Is this jus about okay for medicine?
Original post by Humaira.a
I have achieved an A in additional science GCSE in year 10 and currently in year 11 am predicted 2 A* 4 As and 1 B which would be in maths. Is this jus about okay for medicine?

Yeah I suppose 6A*/A is pretty good try making that B into a an A*/A try to get a minimum of 5A*/A it will open up your options to apply to medical schools as pretty much all medical school applicants apply strategically in accordance to if the medical school puts a lot of concentration on GCSE's but to keep your options open try get as many A*/A as possible and minimum of 5 but try get A*/A in every GCSE you sit, you'll thank me later :smile:
Reply 2

6A/A*s are great, but bear in mind it's only predictions and you should try prove them wrong :smile:

I was targeted 8Bs and a C but got 3A*s 5As and a B and have applied for Medicine, so don't let teachers predictions put you off.

Each medical school is different, so there's ones that can suit GCSEs or other things more depending on where the strengths in your application lie.

Good luck with your exams :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Sam1875
6A/A*s are great, but bear in mind it's only predictions and you should try prove them wrong :smile:

I was targeted 8Bs and a C but got 3A*s 5As and a B and have applied for Medicine, so don't let teachers predictions put you off.

Each medical school is different, so there's ones that can suit GCSEs or other things more depending on where the strengths in your application lie.

Good luck with your exams :smile:

Thank you:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you got those grades I'm sure you would be fine. No one looks at predicted grades apart from sixth forms and even then, your actual GCSES are more important. Focus on working hard to get them now!
Reply 5

They're just predicted grades they don't matter. You will need better grades for better universities.

Of my good grades in GCSE I achieved 1 A*, 4 A's and 1 B. So I see yours are pretty similar, and slightly better than mine. I intend to head into Law, which is considered around the academic equal of Medicine. My intention is to go to Cambridge, so I say that you can definitely still go to Oxbridge with your GCCE's though more likely Cambridge as Oxford care a lot about A*s at GCSE. Just remember that GCSE's don't really matter, if you achieve good grades in Maths and English Language your fine. I got A in both, so for the ones that matter, I did well. Good luck.
Reply 7
Original post by rosie.mn
If you got those grades I'm sure you would be fine. No one looks at predicted grades apart from sixth forms and even then, your actual GCSES are more important. Focus on working hard to get them now!

Thank you and yh I'm just asking since I'm likely to get those grades and if i do will I be able to get into medicine:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by S2M
They're just predicted grades they don't matter. You will need better grades for better universities.

I know but since I haven't done my gcses I'm jus wondering if i get all my predicted grades whether they would be good eno

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by AnonymousEric
Of my good grades in GCSE I achieved 1 A*, 4 A's and 1 B. So I see yours are pretty similar, and slightly better than mine. I intend to head into Law, which is considered around the academic equal of Medicine. My intention is to go to Cambridge, so I say that you can definitely still go to Oxbridge with your GCCE's though more likely Cambridge as Oxford care a lot about A*s at GCSE. Just remember that GCSE's don't really matter, if you achieve good grades in Maths and English Language your fine. I got A in both, so for the ones that matter, I did well. Good luck.

Thank youuu
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I know but since I haven't done my gcses I'm jus wondering if i get all my predicted grades whether they would be good eno

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually for heavy GCSE Med schools or Oxbridge it's better to have more A*.

Quick Reply

Latest