The Student Room Group

I dont know how to revise,help!

So i have mocks in like 3 weeks and I have no idea how to revise, especially for biology and physics, which is the main issue! I dont like doing past papers as i find it ineffective, what are some other ways i can revise for biology and physics?!
Original post by Anonymous1502
So i have mocks in like 3 weeks and I have no idea how to revise, especially for biology and physics, which is the main issue! I dont like doing past papers as i find it ineffective, what are some other ways i can revise for biology and physics?!

Past papers are the way to go, after all you're going to be asked questions of a similar style.. why is it that you find them ineffective? :smile: What is your approach to them?

I think in general going through content first, making notes, drawing diagrams, revisiting notes until you remember most of it then attempting past paper questions is the way to go.
Original post by SeanFM
Past papers are the way to go, after all you're going to be asked questions of a similar style.. why is it that you find them ineffective? :smile: What is your approach to them?

I think in general going through content first, making notes, drawing diagrams, revisiting notes until you remember most of it then attempting past paper questions is the way to go.

Because i find it pointless to do past papers if i dont knwo the content that well. And the thing is im stuck on an a grade and i want an a* for biology and physics, and i think its maybe em not getting the content 100%. So i want a good revision method to make sure i remember everything.
flash cards are how i got A/A* in sciences

cut up rectangles from old paper (i used spare excersise books i had from school) and write a question on one side and the awnser on another.

Go through the topic, and everytime you see something you dont know, turn it into a question and make it into a flash card.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous1502

Past papers can help you highlight topics that you don't know as well as you thought you did. If you don't know all of the content from the specifications yet then you can find individual past paper questions on the internet so you can put your own paper together.

Otherwise, I usually write things out, write them out again, then come back and see how much I remember. Then I'll write it again in a different format and the process continues until I remember the content :smile:
I d second flash cards they are a great way to get facts in your head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending