The Student Room Group

BBC - Business Management Higher Apprenticeship Degree

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this apprenticeship

Has anyone been accepted or got though to the interview stage? If so what happened and do you have any advice?

Any tips? The BBC is something I am extremely passionate about and I have written so much just for the pre-screening questions lol

Advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I submitted the online application and have been invited to complete an online test, I haven't completed it yet but it said on the email you'd be invited to an assessment centre after if you do well i'm assuming. Have you done the test yet?
Reply 2
Original post by amberino123
Hey,

I submitted the online application and have been invited to complete an online test, I haven't completed it yet but it said on the email you'd be invited to an assessment centre after if you do well i'm assuming. Have you done the test yet?

Yeah I completed the test this morning, its not too hard and all you really need is a calculator and basic knowledge of English and numeracy. The test is quite long so dont worry about rushing it.

Good luck with your application
Reply 3
Have you received a reply from BBC regarding your test results yet? I completed the test at a similar time as you, but I still haven't received a reply????
Will be completing my application for the apprenticeship in the coming days, will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how you all get on!
Reply 5
Original post by shai93
Have you received a reply from BBC regarding your test results yet? I completed the test at a similar time as you, but I still haven't received a reply????

This is a lengthy process and im assuming they'll get back to us by the end of this month. According to the website successful applicants will be contacted by February, interviewed in march then find out whether they're offered the apprenticeship by april
Reply 6
Original post by tylergraham
This is a lengthy process and im assuming they'll get back to us by the end of this month. According to the website successful applicants will be contacted by February, interviewed in march then find out whether they're offered the apprenticeship by april

ohh ok, thank you :smile:
Reply 7
hey I finished the pre screening questions and submitted my application last week...that job is mine, jks. How long do you think they will take if I go through to the online Assessments?
Cheers
Jim
Reply 8
Original post by stanyerj
hey I finished the pre screening questions and submitted my application last week...that job is mine, jks. How long do you think they will take if I go through to the online Assessments?
Cheers
Jim

Lmao 😂 Im assuming you're saying how long will they take to get back? The closing date for this apprenticeship is the 15th, so it'll be logical if they get back at end of jan or the start of February. But the online assessments took me no longer than two weeks to revieve via email and around 10 minutes to complete
Reply 9
I have just received the email link to complete the Assesments. Does this happen to all the applicants? Also shall I just jump into it or is there anyway to prepare?
cheers
James
Original post by stanyerj
I have just received the email link to complete the Assesments. Does this happen to all the applicants? Also shall I just jump into it or is there anyway to prepare?
cheers
James

Dunno all applicants getting that assessment email but im assuming so, and just make sure you have a calculator by your side when when doing the assessment

Good luck
Reply 11
I completed them last night and I have to say the Abstract reasoning were insanely hard and the sums were heavy. Thank goodness you said to use a calculator as it is all but essential!
James
I completed the online assessment a few weeks ago, and today got invited to a video interview which they'll be contacting me next week with a link to a video interview - anyone else get this? What do you expect to happen?
Reply 13
I got an email about a video interview as well :smile: by the sounds of it they'll send us questions/things they want us to talk about and we'll have to video ourselves talking and then send it to them
Original post by Emilie99
I got an email about a video interview as well :smile: by the sounds of it they'll send us questions/things they want us to talk about and we'll have to video ourselves talking and then send it to them

Any idea of what the questions will be?
Reply 15
Anybody had the email yet? They said it would be this week, and I'm just a little worried I've missed it or it hasnt got through!
Reply 16
Original post by 221419
Anybody had the email yet? They said it would be this week, and I'm just a little worried I've missed it or it hasnt got through!

No don't worry, no one has yet!
Looks like there wont be any email today either! They are probably having some problems with the video system they'll be using.
Hey guys,

I just got the email today for the video interview.

I too am wondering what questions they will be asking us.

From the research I've done, it seems like its just competency-based questions (such as "give an example where you demonstrated your communication skills").

If anyone else has any ideas or can give some tips on what we/I should be studying/researching before I go into the interview, that would be great.

Good luck everyone!
I got the video interview email with the link, but it just takes me to the login page and when I login it's just the same as before? Is anyone else the same :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending