The Student Room Group

UWS's Food For Thought

Welcome to my newest blog on here! It's been ages since my last blog and now I'm ready to get creative with food!

A little bit about myself:
I consider myself to be a food lover and I like going to places and trying new things to eat! I am an avid traveller and I enjoy photography, for those who know my Snapchat and Instagram (there are a few!), you'll know I'm all about taking pictures of things, especially food! Unfortunately, I cannot cook to save my life so the food I will be posting will include food on my travels, either at restaurants, at work or even at home!

What this blog will involve:

Pictures of food from around the world

Exotic drinks such as cocktails

Ratings/Reviews

Puns and jokes (of course)

And much more.... (if I can think of more)

I will aim to update this blog at least several times a week.

Tagging some people if they're interested... (sorry if I left anyone out, it's not on purpose!)

Spoiler

Don't forget to watch this thread!!

Blog posts:
1: Piri Pressure
2: Took You To Tokyo
3: Tagine Taglines
4: Fishy Fridays
5: Pass the Pasta, Pastor
6: Eastern Enigma
7: Hunter's Hut
8: Udon Undisputed
9: Malaysian Madness Pt. 1
10: Malaysian Madness Pt. 2
11: TSR Tapas
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

FOOOD :drool:
Subbed 100%
You had me at food :love:
This sounds amazing, looking forward to seeing updates to it! :gah:
Omg yessss!! Who would say no to food😂 Especially if it's exotic😍
I shall quit my diet immediately for this!! (not that I was on a diet LOOL) :rofl:

Imagine me just going through this thread every hour 😂 :couchpotato:
So we are going to watch you eat and go hungry.... FOOD PLEASE
Original post by UWS

Welcome to my newest blog on here! It's been ages since my last blog and now I'm ready to get creative with food!

I consider myself to be a food lover and I like going to places and trying new things to eat! I am an avid traveller and I enjoy photography, for those who know my Snapchat and Instagram (there are a few!), you'll know I'm all about taking pictures of things, especially food! Unfortunately, I cannot cook to save my life so the food I will be posting will include food on my travels, either at restaurants, at work or even at home!

Ratings/Reviews

I will aim to update this blog daily or at least several times a week.

Tagging some people if they're interested... (sorry if I left anyone out, it's not on purpose!)

Spoiler

Thanks for the tag!! & sounds great lad!:yep:
Subbing!
We can make noodles together.
Looks so awesome! Subbed and IN :colone:
I shall be closely watching. :biggrin:
Forgot to tag me... but will watch :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make a biriyani video for @Conceited
Original post by UWS

Ratings/Reviews

I will aim to update this blog daily or at least several times a week.

Spoiler

ooo this should b interesting :smile:
this is gonna make me hungry:frown:
but still,food for life even-though i don't know how to cook to save my life:colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 15

24th November: Piri Pressure

Piri Piri chicken with Portuguese rice and coleslaw

Presentation: 4/5
Taste: 4.5/5
Price: £
Overall: 4.5/5

Overview:
I begin the first entry of this blog with dish that was served at work yesterday. The choices these days have not been impressive but when I saw this on the menu, I fell in love instantly. The queues are unusually long on that day so you can tell that there was something special being served and everyone was going for the piri piri chicken so I had to try it. I love chicken and spicy food so this was the obvious choice to have for lunch (the other being a beef brisket). I like how a dish can be really colourful with only 3 items and the presentation of the food was very nice, though they could have been more creative with the sauce.

The food:
The chicken was cooked very nicely and along with the piri piri sauce, combined very well with the rice. The rice was very soft and almost melted with the sauce, which was just at the right level of spiciness. The coleslaw was crunchy as well and did give an interesting mixture of textures when combined with the rice. If only there was more sauce though, it wasn't enough :sad:

Overall thoughts:
It wasn't exactly Nando's quality but for the price, it was definitely worth it and has a nice balance of protein and carbs and the coleslaw made it a little healthier. It was a colourful dish with different flavours and it did fill me up. I definitely would try something like this again!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS

Overview:
I begin the first entry of this blog with dish that was served at work yesterday. The choices these days have not been impressive but when I saw this on the menu, I fell in love instantly. The queues are unusually long on that day so you can tell that there was something special being served and everyone was going for the piri piri chicken so I had to try it. I love chicken and spicy food so this was the obvious choice to have for lunch (the other being a beef brisket). I like how a dish can be really colourful with only 3 items and the presentation of the food was very nice, though they could have been more creative with the sauce.

The food:
The chicken was cooked very nicely and along with the piri piri sauce, combined very well with the rice. The rice was very soft and almost melted with the sauce, which was just at the right level of spiciness. The coleslaw was crunchy as well and did give an interesting mixture of textures when combined with the rice. If only there was more sauce though, it wasn't enough :sad:

Overall thoughts:
It wasn't exactly Nando's quality but for the price, it was definitely worth it and has a nice balance of protein and carbs and the coleslaw made it a little healthier. It was a colourful dish with different flavours and it did fill me up. I definitely would try something like this again!

Spoiler

yummmm
chickennnnnnnnn
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool: :coma:
nice stuff UWS :yy:
Original post by UWS

Overview:

The food:

Overall thoughts:

Spoiler

Great:yy:
Original post by UWS

Overview:

The food:

Overall thoughts:

Spoiler

:drool: that sure is yum.
Good review :thumbsup:
Original post by UWS

Overview:

The food:

Overall thoughts:

Spoiler

:excited::excited::excited::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
I need someone to cook this for me.

Quick Reply

Latest