The Student Room Group

How long do you tend to wait after submitting before an application.....

.....before you either follow up with a phone call or assume you haven't been successful? I saw the job the first day it appeared on the job center website on a Monday, rang up on the Tuesday to request an application form, i received that Thursday and sent it back the same day, so they will have recieved it by the following Monday, the one that has just passed.

I'm pretty keen on this job as i study nutrition and its a part time meal co-ordinator at a medical research facility, so it'd look pretty good on my CV. i'm sort of hoping to hell i get an interview so am kinda holding off applying for other jobs, but i know that eventually if i don't hear anything i should move my sights to something else. I'm tempted to ring up and ask if they'd received my application and ask how long i should wait to hear something but i don't want to hassle them and seem like some cocky student type.

thoughts?

EDIT:noticed i've put an extra "before" in the title, ignore that, sorry.
Id perhaps give it a couple more days, then ring up if still no reply I don't see it as hassling them, I think it just shows your enthusiastic

Latest

Trending

Trending