The Student Room Group

How does one get an unconditional offer?

And what even is it tbh?
its where you already meet the requirements so you're guaranteed a place or where a university uses it as a marketing tool to sway you into firming them so that you then can't use adjustment or go into clearing if you change your mind later on without a great deal of hassle if at all.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
its where you already meet the requirements so you're guaranteed a place or where a university uses it as a marketing tool to sway you into firming them so that you then can't use adjustment or go into clearing if you change your mind later on without a great deal of hassle if at all.

So if a Uni wants AAB and I am predicted AAB, they would give me an unconditional offer?
Original post by Hackerman
So if a Uni wants AAB and I am predicted AAB, they would give me an unconditional offer?

Nope it all depends on whether the uni has got into giving them out or not

No, if you've already achieved the AAB they'll give you an unconditional, or if they are worried about filling spaces they'll give out unconditionals to people who look like they'll probably get the grades if the uni likes them enough.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Nope it all depends on whether the uni has got into giving them out or not

What do you think is the chance of someone getting one? And say I were to get one, and then completely bomb my exams and do bad, do they still accept me?
Reply 6
Original post by supernerdural
No, if you've already achieved the AAB they'll give you an unconditional, or if they are worried about filling spaces they'll give out unconditionals to people who look like they'll probably get the grades if the uni likes them enough.

Any idea how I could increase the chances of me getting one?
What do you think is the chance of someone getting one? And say I were to get one, and then completely bomb my exams and do bad, do they still accept me?

I couldn't tell you that depends on whether or not that's something a university you ve applied to does and what subject it is and if they re short of applicants or if it's very competitive.yes as long as you get grades which aren't us then they should still take you.
Any idea how I could increase the chances of me getting one?

Apply to universities known to give them out, or to universities known to be short of applicants.

The best advice is to forget about them as they are just a distraction. Getting one doesn't change the fact that many employers consider both A-level results and degree results when recruiting, nor the fact that getting one, doing badly in your A-levels, then having problems in your first undergraduate year means you are outside university and have bad A-levels - essentially worse off than you were before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending