The Student Room Group

I'm a guy. I've been kissing my best mate (also a guy) but has he lost interest?

Hi! I'm a guy, I've had 2 girlfriends in the past. I'm bi, but have never come out due to fear. I know it's 2016, but my Mum was brought up in either the era or an area where she'll go on about gay people. Like if she turns the TV on, she'll say something like "why is there so many (gays) on TV nowadays?".

It's not needed, I tell her off, but I worry if I ever told her I was bi.

Basically, me and my best friend from college, a guy, were talking in a pub once and he basically came out with he had feelings for me. I've always been self-conscious of my body and just a few days before he said that, there was a picture of me on holiday on Facebook with my shirt off (I was tagged in it). He said how nice I looked. I was a bit in shock, but the evening was fine.

We got talking by text - I was asking him if it was just a kinda tipsy/drunk thing he was saying, but it wasn't. I told him I was bisexual - the first person I've ever told.

He asked if I'd ever kissed a guy - I hadn't.

After chatting for about 9 hours, after college, we arranged to meet up at mine. He kissed me, and I kissed him back. I really really liked it. For the past few months, we've been meeting up, just for a usual laugh/chat but have been kissing too. Over those months, I've just become really attracted to him. It's weird because I've always considered him as a best mate, nothing else.

But the last few weeks have been different. He used to text me like 4 or 5 times a week just saying "good morning" to me and saying have a good day, and in public, when no one is looking, he'd cheekily pinch by bum or something.

But the texts have become like 2 or 3 a week. Sometimes i text him and he doesn't reply. We still meet up and he tells me he still enjoys it, but I worry he's lost interest. Or do you think it's because i haven't ever been like that in public? Or because I haven't messaged him first enough?

I get anxiety but the other day, I was messaging him asking if he had lost interest or if there was someone else (I noticed an odd text come up on his phone from someone else). He insists to me there is no one else and he still likes me.

What do you think? Is he losing interest? or am I just thinking too much and is it because I don't necessarily start the conversation first? (I have done, but not as much as him, and I haven't done things like grab him in public! haha).

Thank you. x
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I'm a guy, I've had 2 girlfriends in the past. I'm bi, but have never come out due to fear. I know it's 2016, but my Mum was brought up in either the era or an area where she'll go on about gay people. Like if she turns the TV on, she'll say something like "why is there so many (gays) on TV nowadays?".

It's not needed, I tell her off, but I worry if I ever told her I was bi.

Basically, me and my best friend from college, a guy, were talking in a pub once and he basically came out with he had feelings for me. I've always been self-conscious of my body and just a few days before he said that, there was a picture of me on holiday on Facebook with my shirt off (I was tagged in it). He said how nice I looked. I was a bit in shock, but the evening was fine.

We got talking by text - I was asking him if it was just a kinda tipsy/drunk thing he was saying, but it wasn't. I told him I was bisexual - the first person I've ever told.

He asked if I'd ever kissed a guy - I hadn't.

After chatting for about 9 hours, after college, we arranged to meet up at mine. He kissed me, and I kissed him back. I really really liked it. For the past few months, we've been meeting up, just for a usual laugh/chat but have been kissing too. Over those months, I've just become really attracted to him. It's weird because I've always considered him as a best mate, nothing else.

But the last few weeks have been different. He used to text me like 4 or 5 times a week just saying "good morning" to me and saying have a good day, and in public, when no one is looking, he'd cheekily pinch by bum or something.

But the texts have become like 2 or 3 a week. Sometimes i text him and he doesn't reply. We still meet up and he tells me he still enjoys it, but I worry he's lost interest. Or do you think it's because i haven't ever been like that in public? Or because I haven't messaged him first enough?

I get anxiety but the other day, I was messaging him asking if he had lost interest or if there was someone else (I noticed an odd text come up on his phone from someone else). He insists to me there is no one else and he still likes me.

What do you think? Is he losing interest? or am I just thinking too much and is it because I don't necessarily start the conversation first? (I have done, but not as much as him, and I haven't done things like grab him in public! haha).

Thank you. x

I think you re over thinking things
He could just be more busy now that work is coming in thick and fast. But would you like to actually have a relationship with him? Have you said anything to him about becoming more than friends? I've found the harder you try to keep someone the more they tend to run.
It's so easy to just focus on one person- i think it'd help if you also started new hobbies/ things to take your mind off him to fill in the gaps in your days.
Reply 3
Original post by Lemons1990
He could just be more busy now that work is coming in thick and fast. But would you like to actually have a relationship with him? Have you said anything to him about becoming more than friends? I've found the harder you try to keep someone the more they tend to run.
It's so easy to just focus on one person- i think it'd help if you also started new hobbies/ things to take your mind off him to fill in the gaps in your days.

About a week ago, I said to him "I really want to be with you" and he replied back to me "aww that is so cute".

I'm not sure if it's the fact that we both haven't sort of "come out" as being bi yet. So having a relationship would be tricky at the moment anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
About a week ago, I said to him "I really want to be with you" and he replied back to me "aww that is so cute".

I'm not sure if it's the fact that we both haven't sort of "come out" as being bi yet. So having a relationship would be tricky at the moment anyway.

Sorry for the late reply. How are things between you guys now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending