The Student Room Group

Why is Wikileaks so pro-Putin?

Everything they leak on Russia and Putin is glowing with positivity while they only target Western governments and their allies, at times for negative leaks. Do you believe Assange when he says that his agenda is to keep the public informed? I don't; there is something really dodgy about that guy.

Scroll to see replies

So I'm not the only one who sees this then...
Original post by Dodgypirate

Memes are all fine and good, that doesn't answer my question though.
Russia stands against the Zionist agenda in the Middle East that is to divide up and weaken nations that are seen as a threat against Israel. That is why Hillary Clinton was backed by a long list of neo-conservative Jews like Paul Wolfowicz, Richard Perle, Robert Kagan, etc who are the people along with their media establishment that push for wars that have their tribal interests.

Trump is very pro-Israel, so why did they back Clinton over him? Trump at least he claims to oppose regime change and the disastrous foreign policy. He wants to get along with Russia, when the others beat the drums of war. Hillary Clinton was pushed as the progressive peoples candidate, but really she was the pro-war candidate.

This relationship with Russia will prove difficult of course because while Trump may want to get along with Russia, Russia is also allied with Iran.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hail Victory!
Russia stands against the Zionist agenda in the Middle East that is to divide up and weaken nations that are seen as a threat against Israel. That is why Hillary Clinton was backed by a long list of neo-conservative Jews like Paul Wolfowicz, Richard Perle, Robert Kagan, etc who are the people along with their media establishment that push for wars that have their tribal interests.

Trump is very pro-Israel, so why did they back Clinton over him? Trump at least he claims to oppose regime change and the disastrous foreign policy. He wants to get along with Russia, when the others beat the drums of war. Hillary Clinton was pushed as the progressive peoples candidate, but really she was the pro-war candidate.

This relationship with Russia will prove difficult of course because while Trump may want to get along with Russia, Russia is also allied with Iran.

Yawn... more of this jews rule the world conspiracy crap?
Reply 6
Assange clearly has an agenda, he basically waged a private war against Hilary during the election. Whether it was right or wrong that information came out is a different question. Whatever the truth of these issues a lot of wikileaks revelations have damaged America and conveniently fallen into line with Russia in recent years.

Wikileaks output used to be incredibly varied, now it just seems to concern US politicians and little else.
Original post by cbreef
Yawn... more of this jews rule the world conspiracy crap?

This troll always creates new accounts and posts under different usernames, often usernames that are derogatory towards Jews. It is obsessed and maybe mentally unhinged, that's why I don't give it the time of day.
I do sometimes wonder if Putin/Russia are funding these right wing groups (and the media outlets that support them) that have been gaining power. I mean it suits their agenda of weakening the EU and having a more favourable US president for them. These groups/people always seem to be positive about Russia well. Of course this is just me speculating, it's just worth noting how everything seems to be going Putin's way recently.
On their site there's a massive spiel about the US election. Contained in that, are these lines:

We publish material given to us if it is of political, diplomatic, historical or ethical importance and which has not been published elsewhere. When we have material that fulfills this criteria, we publish.

[...]

At the same time, we cannot publish what we do not have.

Is it not theoretically possible that there's no agenda here and they just have nothing to say about particular people/issues?
Original post by Retired_Messiah
On their site there's a massive spiel about the US election. Contained in that, are these lines:

Is it not theoretically possible that there's no agenda here and they just have nothing to say about particular people/issues?

It's hard to buy that Wikileaks hackers have found nothing to share about the Russian government and its allies, if they indeed spend anytime hacking them at all. That government doesn't have an exemplary human rights record, after all.
Original post by Aj12
Assange clearly has an agenda, he basically waged a private war against Hilary during the election. Whether it was right or wrong that information came out is a different question. Whatever the truth of these issues a lot of wikileaks revelations have damaged America and conveniently fallen into line with Russia in recent years.

Wikileaks output used to be incredibly varied, now it just seems to concern US politicians and little else.

I've been finding it hard not to conclude that Assange is an FSB operative. Or just deluded. Take your pick.
Original post by WBZ144
It's hard to buy that Wikileaks hackers have found nothing to share about the Russian government and its allies, if they indeed spend anytime hacking them at all. That government doesn't have an exemplary human rights record, after all.

Don't think either of us are really qualified to comment on that. At the very least I can't say I know anything about how good Russia's cyber security is, or how good they are at covering things up.
Reply 13
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I've been finding it hard not to conclude that Assange is an FSB operative. Or just deluded. Take your pick.

Putin was claiming that Wikileaks had said the Panama papers were a CIA job. No clue where that came from, but it dosent make Wikileaks look good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Putin was claiming that Wikileaks had said the Panama papers were a CIA job. No clue where that came from, but it dosent make Wikileaks look good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps Assange works for both agencies, plus maybe the Ecuadorian secret services - one of the most feared organisations in, er, Ecuador.
Reply 15
I never heard anything positive on Russia from wikileaks
is assange even alive lol new conspiracy theory inbound
Like hell Wikileaks doesn't have an agenda.
Almost as if the KGB are running teams of hackers and sending Assange material that'd be embarrassing to the USA etc. :unsure:

tbh you're pretty much setting yourself up to get used if you just publish everything you're sent.
Reply 19
Original post by WBZ144
Everything they leak on Russia and Putin is glowing with positivity while they only target Western governments and their allies, at times for negative leaks. Do you believe Assange when he says that his agenda is to keep the public informed? I don't; there is something really dodgy about that guy.

I think the American response to the first leaks (life in jail for Manning notably) and the political asylum offered by Putin to Snowden have lead Assange and Wikileaks to avoid criticising Putin so they keep an exit door open for them in Russia.

So I wouldn't say they are "pro-Putin" (they don't make any propaganda for him), they just avoid exposing his corruption (and there would be a lot to say).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest