The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

I need your experience please !

Hello :smile:
I really have no idea how difficult is to get accepted to UMIST . Could u help me on this one please?
I´m an international student looking for a MsC in England . I found a Msc course on Mechanical Engineering very interesting , and I´m very corcerned about not being accepted to the University .
Can u tell me how difficutl is to be accepted ??

I have an average of 85 % in my grades
I have work 6 months in a Refrigeration company
My toefl scores are 237

Please help me ! :confused:
I have no idea if this is enough to UMIST

I would really appreciate any advice :rolleyes:
Reply 1
aioria
Hello :smile:
I really have no idea how difficult is to get accepted to UMIST . Could u help me on this one please?
I´m an international student looking for a MsC in England . I found a Msc course on Mechanical Engineering very interesting , and I´m very corcerned about not being accepted to the University .
Can u tell me how difficutl is to be accepted ??

I have an average of 85 % in my grades
I have work 6 months in a Refrigeration company
My toefl scores are 237

Please help me ! :confused:
I have no idea if this is enough to UMIST

I would really appreciate any advice :rolleyes:

Phone UMIST and speak to the admissions tutor of the relevant degree!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Given that from 30th of September 2004 UMIST no longer exists and the fact the 2003-2004 year has finished your chances will be virtualy zero.
Reply 3
I want to enter in the 2005 year . :smile:
Please tell me what do you think about my chances ?
According to your experience how bad or good are them??
Reply 4
As I said UMST dosn't exist anymore so you will have to go to the University of Manchester. The courses will still exisit but I would imagine some of them will slowly be merged with Manchesters courses.
Reply 5
thank you again for that information :rolleyes:

please tell me , according to my grades , job experience and level of english , do you think it would be difficult to enter Manchester as an Engineer ?

I have no idea what is the average level of people who apply there
can you give me little advice here please ??? :redface:
Reply 6
Your grades mean nothing to us as the sytems are completely different. Your English seems quite good but I'm not an admissions tutor - SPEAK TO THEM!
Reply 7
let me explain my grades
The GPA in my country is ranked from 0 to 10
Mine is 8.5

I guess yours is 0 to 5
am I wrong ???

so my grades would be equal in your system to 4.25

am I correct about your system ? o to 5??
Reply 8
No you're wrong! We don't use averages in that sense.

We do 3 A levels (for the basis of most uni offers) and the grades (A -E and U) we achieve in those A levels dictate the courses we can do and where.

3 A grades is the norm for entry into oxbridge, it gradually declines with the calibre of the university.

Call manchester and they will tell you where you stand.
Reply 9
aioria

please tell me , according to my level of english , do you think it would be difficult to enter Manchester?

Your written English seems OK, but you don't seem to understand the simple GIVE THEM A CALL!!!!

Latest