The Student Room Group

Which Uni for Fine Art? Please help a painter out!

I'm currently in a gap year after finishing A levels with A* (art), B (drama), A( graphic design), D* ( btec makeup) , and am tossing up which unis would be best for me to study fine art.

A little background about me- I'm predominantly rooted in painting and would like to be a practicing artist/ illustrator, not an art historian/ researcher/curator, and have (sadly) yet to found a love for conceptual art. Therefore am avoiding course that have a heavy focus on the theoretical or historical.
I'm interested in somewhere that focuses on the core media within fine arts Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, and Printmaking and that can really train my fundamental skills in drawing and painting. Somewhere that can build on on and respects the traditional as well as exploring contemporary approaches. Also anywhere that doesn't limit me to specialize too much would be great!

My top choices atm are Slade, UCA Canterbury, Edinburgh, UAL Camberwell, Bournmouth, Falmouth and Coventry as they have a combo course with illustration. Any advice on if these would suit me or not, or any other Uni recommendations would be great.

Ive attached some old photos of my a level work so you get an idea of what my style is like and also a pic of a monster head I just made on a SFX makeup course:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest