The Student Room Group

What do I do? Stressed because of my GCSE's.....

Hi guys I need advise and I'm really down atm of what to do;
I got these grades for my gcses -
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
History - B
Science - B
Additional Science - C
Further Additional Science - C
Geography - C
Religious Studies - C
Maths - C
Computer Studies - D
I want to take pharmacology but the lowest requirements of GCSE grades i found in some uni are B in maths and english lang and at least c in science etc.

the only problem is my maths; im planning on applying after i get my final a level grades but if i were to get AAA grades in my final A level, would they still not consider me because of my GCSE maths...?

Thanks
Original post by KittyLuver
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
History - B
Science - B
Additional Science - C
Geography - C
Religious Studies - C
Maths - C
Computer Studies - D
I want to take pharmacology but the lowest requirements of GCSE grades i found in some uni are B in maths and english lang and at least c in science etc.

the only problem is my maths; im planning on applying after i get my final a level grades but if i were to get AAA grades in my final A level, would they still not consider me because of my GCSE maths...?

Thanks

If you don;t meet their GCSE requirements then it's unlikely that you will get an offer. You should think about retaking maths if the courses you are looking at require higher.
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
If you don;t meet their GCSE requirements then it's unlikely that you will get an offer. You should think about retaking maths if the courses you are looking at require higher.

as expected but thanks for the reply and what else would i be able to take with these grades? healthcare wise?
as expected but thanks for the reply and what else would i be able to take with these grades? healthcare wise?

I'm not really too sure, your grades are unfortunately too low for medicine but maybe nursing/physiotherapy? In all honestly i haven't got a clue, you might have to do some research
Reply 4
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
History - B
Science - B
Additional Science - C
Geography - C
Religious Studies - C
Maths - C
Computer Studies - D

Thanks

Ask before you apply. They might just rejected you because you don't have a B in GCSE Maths.
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
History - B
Science - B
Additional Science - C
Geography - C
Religious Studies - C
Maths - C
Computer Studies - D

Thanks

I took my GCSE's last year (I'm assuming you did too.):smile: Use your GCSE grades as motivation to revise for AS and A levels and SMASH your exams! The mindset you have can really make a difference and I know you can do it!:smile: Best of luck!x:biggrin:
Original post by kittyluver
hi guys i need advise and i'm really down atm of what to do;
i got these grades for my gcses -
english lang - b
english lit - b
history - b
science - b
additional science - c
further additional science - c
geography - c
religious studies - c
maths - c
computer studies - d
i want to take pharmacology but the lowest requirements of gcse grades i found in some uni are b in maths and english lang and at least c in science etc.

The only problem is my maths; im planning on applying after i get my final a level grades but if i were to get aaa grades in my final a level, would they still not consider me because of my gcse maths...?

Thanks

i know a person who failed all his gcses yet he wanted to be a dentist and so when he went to a levels, he smashed it with aa*a and then got accepted into the uni of his dreams and now he is a dentist. Put your mind to it and you can get there!!! Also you could study abroad

Quick Reply

Latest