The Student Room Group
Speak to your exam officer at school. :smile:
or ring the school, they should be able to sort it out!
JamieH
or ring the school, they should be able to sort it out!

Heh, no. You might need to fill forms in and stuff. Best to go there in person.
Reply 4
I'm not entirely sure when the deadline is, but you're best to do it ASAP. I'd go into school tomorrow if I were you.
Reply 5
Im ringing my school in the morning and seeing what they say.
Reply 6
I asked my exams officer. She said it was fine, I didn't need to sign anything, but perhaps get your parents\guardian to write a letter explaining the problem. And also bring along the relevant slip of paper (entrance details) to make things easier for the exams officer. I, myself, have decided that my history paper 1 should be remarked as I am basically 1% off an A*.
Best of luck.
Reply 8
I think you get a while to think about remarking your paper; our school allows us to ask for it any time between now and the 7th :smile:
Zygroth
I think you get a while to think about remarking your paper; our school allows us to ask for it any time between now and the 7th :smile:

7th of september?
Reply 10
Mathemagician. Funny?
7th of september?

Yeah
Reply 11
i have a question about a remark, but i didn't want to start a new thread about it. Anyways...

I got 169/200 for OCR English Literature, which is 11 marks of an A*. Here's my breakdown:
Coursework 52/60 (54=A*)
Drama post 1914 paper 35/40 (36=A*)
Poetry-prose paper 82/100 (90 = A*) TOTAL 169/200 A

I know if i were to get a remark it would be virtually impossible to move up 11 UMS marks right?

However, my teacher was a right b**** to me, and marked my coursework 2 marks of an A*, when I saw other peoples in my class that were clearly worse than mine get near/full marks. I feel if i go to ask for a remark they'll be like 'pah, as if, 11 marks is a lot', and i'm really not in the mood to be embarassed bout one of my results again.

As far as the papers are concerned, i was 1 UMS mark off an A* for the drama paper and 8 for the poetry prose paper, i know that seems like a lot, but raw marks could equate to several UMS marks right?

Sorry if this post was long, but if i want to have a remark, is it possible to get coursework remarked aswell, and if so do you have to pay for each paper u want remarked or the qualification as a whole.

Thanks in advance for any advice people might have, it's been bugging me all day and i don't know whether it would be worth getting a remark, 'cause i know I felt really confident in that exam and was completely shocked at my result, even though an A is still good... but you know?
Hey, I was 4 UMS marks off an A* in English Literature, would it be worth it to get a remark or would it be likely to move up?
Reply 13
Do you think its too late to ask for a remark when i start school again??

Latest