The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

From Israel To QMUL- Need Your Advice

Hey everyone!
Recently I started to look for some option to study abroad and I found Queen Mary University Of London.
I took a look on some courses that the university offers and I found a course that really talks to me and I'm sure in 1000000% that that's what I want to study.
The course is- BA Russian with Business Management.
Originally I'm Russian so I'd speak Russian (almost as a native speaker) but I got some problems with reading and writing in Russian.

I'm correctly 11 grade student in Israel. But as I understood that it's possible for students under 18 years old to be accepted to the University. But I didn't clearly understood if I first have to graduate school in order to be accepted to the university or I can be accepted without graduating school?

I don't have any problems with English, although I'm a native speaker I have a pretty good level of English.

So guys, I need your advice on this issue. What are my chances to be accepted to the curse that I want without graduating school.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BeLarge
Hey everyone!
Recently I started to look for some option to study abroad and I found Queen Mary University Of London.
I took a look on some courses that the university offers and I found a course that really talks to me and I'm sure in 1000000% that that's what I want to study.
The course is- BA Russian with Business Management.
Originally I'm Russian so I'd speak Russian (almost as a native speaker) but I got some problems with reading and writing in Russian.

I'm correctly 11 grade student in Israel. But as I understood that it's possible for students under 18 years old to be accepted to the University. But I didn't clearly understood if I first have to graduate school in order to be accepted to the university or I can be accepted without graduating school?

I don't have any problems with English, although I'm a native speaker I have a pretty good level of English.

So guys, I need your advice on this issue. What are my chances to be accepted to the curse that I want without graduating school.

Thanks in advance.

You usually have to be in the final year of high school or already finished to be applying to university in the UK- if your application is successful and you haven't finished high school the university gives a conditional offer to achieve a certain grade in the end of high school exams and if you meet that offer you get in. You need to email admissions to see what high school qualification/grades they would expect from an Israeli student.

Be aware Queen Mary has a high number of Muslim students, many of whom think Israel is the root of all evil.
(edited 7 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
You usually have to be in the final year of high school or already finished to be applying to university in the UK- if your application is successful and you haven't finished high school the university gives a conditional offer to achieve a certain grade in the end of high school exams and if you meet that offer you get in. You need to email admissions to see what high school qualification/grades they would expect from an Israeli student.

Be aware Queen Mary has a high number of Muslim students, many of whom think Israel is the root of all evil.

Hey, thanks for your answer!
Sorry if I'm bothering, I just got one last question- if I'm a high school dropout, there's no chances that I will accepted to QMUL, right?
Original post by BeLarge
Hey, thanks for your answer!
Sorry if I'm bothering, I just got one last question- if I'm a high school dropout, there's no chances that I will accepted to QMUL, right?

You would need to email admissions to be certain but I would say unlikely unless they offer a pre university foundation year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending