The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do PwC, KPMG or Deloitte do something where:

Summer intership for 2008. So after a-levels finished but before uni. I'm predicted AAB.
Gap scheme is just for people who are currently studying A levels. The next one after that is university first year summer internships
steve2006
Gap scheme is just for people who are currently studying A levels. The next one after that is university first year summer internships

Wrong. Gap year scheme is for people who have FINISHED A levels. However you apply whilst studying for your A levels.
sorry thats what i tried to say. U apply when ur studying A2
Reply 44
I got an offer from KPMG after my first interview and have to reply by 7th Jan 2008 which is before my Deloitte assessment day. I have my PWC first interview on Friday and interview skills course tomorrow.

Does anyone know if KPMG give any university sponsorship/travelling money like PWC and Deloitte?
Reply 45
Not as far as I know - from what I know of KPMG, you get your salary for the 6/7 months that you work for them and that's it.
I don't think they do uni sponsorship, and i'm pretty much certain that there's no travelling money. I think the salary's lower than Deloitte and PwC too.
Reply 46
tomoli
I got an offer from KPMG after my first interview and have to reply by 7th Jan 2008 which is before my Deloitte assessment day. I have my PWC first interview on Friday and interview skills course tomorrow.

Does anyone know if KPMG give any university sponsorship/travelling money like PWC and Deloitte?

Hey just wondering if you have any advice for the application? I am a bit confused by the question about your ideal client and what services you would provide them to enhance their success?? Do we need to know about the industry and make suggestions or just make general comments? I am applying to do assurance. Anything you can tell me would be really appreciated as clearly all your applications have done well!! Well done and good luck!!
Reply 47
Well for the question about my ideal client, I put Waitrose becauase I have a part time job their and said how I could use my experience first hand of their business to improve the service I provided them. If you have any experience, or have an interest in a business then use that because it shows passion.

With regards to the interview, just be friendly, relaxed and try to sound really interested in the business. They are all mainly competency based, so try and use the STAR principle - Situation, Task, Action, Result. If you need any more help just PM me.
Reply 48
i am going to do maths economics german and history are these good a levels for becoming an accountant and possibly a similar training course for kpmg or pwc??
Reply 49
what is better to do maths history german and economics or maths history german economics and accounting

Latest