The Student Room Group

Realistic universities

What universities could I realistically apply to for Politics with the following:

2A*5A1B at GCSE, Predicted AS of A*AA (I'm getting consistent A's and B's currently in AS) and an extra curricular of debate club.
Original post by Anonymous
What universities could I realistically apply to for Politics with the following:

2A*5A1B at GCSE, Predicted AS of A*AA (I'm getting consistent A's and B's currently in AS) and an extra curricular of debate club.

With predictions of A*AA you could apply to 1-2 choices asking for A*A*A, another couple asking for A*AA-AAA and 1-2 asking for AAB-ABB

You may not get 5 offers but that's the point of applying to a range of choices. Rather than worrying about realism you should be looking at the environment and content/structure of the possible courses you could apply for to narrow down 5 choices that you would be happy to go to and study at for 3+ years.
There's this really good website called UniFrog and there you can put in all the details as in what course you want to do and what grades you have been predicted. Once you click search it will generate three categories of universities that are aspirational in comparison to your grades, solid and safe. You can choose different filters when looking at universities such as the with study abroad or russel group etc. However, I'm not sure whether you have to pay for having an account on there as my college provided it for us. If you're not able to get access to UniFrog I would suggest some in depth research on the top ranked universities for Politics.
idk if this helps or not but in my current A level subjects I went BBD in at AS and got predicted AAB this year. I now have an offer from Glasgow so far which asks for AAB.

So I'd say you're safe to apply for any uni that asks for A*AA but you should also a apply for a couple of ones that asks for grades a lil less than that so you have backups. If you end up with a space spare you may as well also throw down an "ambitious" one as you can get lucky.

Quick Reply

Latest