The Student Room Group

Taking A levels during the summer holidays?

hi I was wondering can I take A level in the summer holiday as an external candidate.
Now my cousin said he did at A level math, chemistry, physics. out of them all he loved maths. so he said (don't know if it is true or not) he took further maths during his summer holidays (summer when he was in year 13) and he did all the modules and got B overall.

I Love math and I wouldn't mind doing this because I was not offered A level further maths. so my question is, is it possible or not.
also would you say someone with the knowledge of A level math can revised to-do A level FM very quickly (by that I mean go through all of it quickly- like in 4 weeks). And get a good reasonable grade. from what I have heard (from cousin) it was easy asf.
You take A level exams in June, not 'over the summer'.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
You take A level exams in June, not 'over the summer'.

I know that. I mean can you like do A levels during the summer holiday like not with your school but as an external candidate in a random hall in the city allowing people to take exams separately
Original post by mnak
I know that. I mean can you like do A levels during the summer holiday like not with your school but as an external candidate in a random hall in the city allowing people to take exams separately

A Level exams are ALWAYS in June, this is a national thing, not a school thing.
Reply 4
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
A Level exams are ALWAYS in June, this is a national thing, not a school thing.

okay thanks- guess he was bull *****ing
Original post by mnak
okay thanks- guess he was bull *****ing

maybe he meant he taught himself everything over summer and then did the exams when they came around?

Quick Reply

Latest