The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Well im not actually there yet, im starting this year and staying in JF also :smile:
Although from what ive heard from others its not strict atall, you are allowed guests to stay overnight anyway.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
louisedotcom
Well im not actually there yet, im starting this year and staying in JF also :smile:
Although from what ive heard from others its not strict atall, you are allowed guests to stay overnight anyway.

not in catered halls you're not!
i asked my mate (who was in JF catered last year) and he said it was alright, as long as you ask the other flat mates, and you keep it 'on the low' :biggrin:
oh and dont ask the warden either lol
Reply 3
Guests...
Any visitors or guests you may have should always be accompanied within the houses and grounds and will remain your responsibility. When bringing guests into the house or flat we ask that you respect the other residents’ rights and wishes and keep any disruption to a minimum. Study bedrooms are not suitable for large gatherings.

Fire regulations allow for a maximum of two people to use a single study bedroom for overnight stays. In self-catered accomodation, residents are permitted to have a visitor to stay for a maximum period of 24 hours between Monday and Friday or two such consecutive periods over a Saturday or Sunday. We will not allow more than six such visits within any two months period.

Overnight guests are not permitted in catered rooms.

Accomodation handbook 07/08
Page 19 - 'Guests'

Note that the LATEST paper version differs from this (which has not yet been updated for 07/08).
I wonder why not in catered?
Just another reason why self catered is far superiour :biggrin:
Although I doubt anyone in catered sticks to that.
Reply 5
Just to add, that when I was first year I didn't live in halls at all, but did stay at my friends LOADS in Beaumont (which is catered). Although I was naughty and did get dinner there as well by borrowing a friends JCR card!

I crashed on the floor tonnes of times and nobody said anything. Just don't tell anyone!
Reply 6
dont worry about what the rules say...loadss of people had people to stay even in catered rooms just dont have ure whole extended family over and make it obvious to the warden, its alll cool.
Our warden last year asked us to tell him just so he didnt worry if there was some strange person wondering around, but in the end no one does. It's not a problem about people staying as long as you dont make it too obvious! We did the same thing as vics with the jcr cards last year too!
Reply 8
WHats the addresss of JF hall please?
Reply 9
(Block name, flat number, room letter)
John Foster Hall,
15 Manor Road,
Oadby,
Leicester,
LE2 2LG
Reply 10
Well I'm catered at Beaumont and so we are not supposed to have overnight guests either really, but nearly everyone except me has and there has been no trouble with it.
Reply 11
Hey!
Im in the process of applying for accomodation for 10/11 and am really interesed in self catered John Foster halls.

I wanted to ask what the differences were between premium en suite and premium+ ensuite rooms?

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 12
You agree not to allow anyone other than one occasional adult guest to stay overnight, for no more than two consecutive nights in any 7 day period, provided this does not annoy other residents or disrupt study. We reserve the right to withdraw this privilege on 48 hours’ notice if in our reasonable opinion it is necessary to do so for the safety and wellbeing of other occupants of the residence and/or to safeguard our property and to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

Section 3.5 of the 10/11 conditions - http://www.le.ac.uk/accommodation/conditions/conditions.html

No mention of catered/selfcatered halls. So ignore what your friend says.

P.S @anyone that says just break the rules, proberbly best not to say that on a public forum :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending