The Student Room Group

Do Uni's Accept GCSE Resits for Dentistry?

I am currently doing my AS Levels in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and they are going well.

At GCSE however I only got 4 A's (English Lang, French, Philosophy and Biology), 4 B's (Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit) and a C in Geography.

I asked the head of science at my college about redoing the exams in Maths and Chemistry to get them to A*'s, however I do not know if Uni's will accept them, he said some do and some don't and that I may as well retake as I don't have anything to lose, I have tried looking on various websites but have only seen information about resits at A Level being or not being accepted.

I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this or had done this and their experiences- I am aware my GCSE's are not the best but I have a lot of work experience and extra-curricular hobbies, and my A Levels I hope to achieve 2 A*'s and 2 A's.

Thank you in advance.
Original post by backtothefuchsia
I am currently doing my AS Levels in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and they are going well.

At GCSE however I only got 4 A's (English Lang, French, Philosophy and Biology), 4 B's (Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit) and a C in Geography.

I asked the head of science at my college about redoing the exams in Maths and Chemistry to get them to A*'s, however I do not know if Uni's will accept them, he said some do and some don't and that I may as well retake as I don't have anything to lose, I have tried looking on various websites but have only seen information about resits at A Level being or not being accepted.

I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this or had done this and their experiences- I am aware my GCSE's are not the best but I have a lot of work experience and extra-curricular hobbies, and my A Levels I hope to achieve 2 A*'s and 2 A's.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I just wanted to know how you got on. Did ur uni accept it? as I am in the same situation at the moment

Quick Reply

Latest