The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough for Medicine

In GCSE's I am predicted 5A* 4As and 2B's which is in English. Do you think this is good enough to get into Medicine. I am doing and have lined up lots of work experience. Doing Biology, Chemistry and Physics and Maths A level and an EPQ. What are your thoughts? What are the best uni's to apply for which are not heavily weighted on GCSE's. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by 00sevenmagic
In GCSE's I am predicted 5A* 4As and 2B's which is in English. Do you think this is good enough to get into Medicine. I am doing and have lined up lots of work experience. Doing Biology, Chemistry and Physics and Maths A level and an EPQ. What are your thoughts? What are the best uni's to apply for which are not heavily weighted on GCSE's. Thanks

Forget about your predictions. Focus on getting grades better than your predictions and try to get English to an A/A*
ok i see your point, but an A in english is very unlikely. If get these grades, whats my chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yessssssssss
To be honest, unless you're going for Oxbridge, it's more your A Levels that are taken into account. Yes your GCSEs should be mainly As and A*s but the odd B probably won't harm you. Then again, it is a very competitive course and so if you do get Bs, you'll have to work very hard in college to gain your As and A*s in A Levels. Best of luck!
Thanks, however doing new A levels which have no AS so means all unis have is GCSE grades and year 12 mocks, so gcse are gonna be more important im guessing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest