The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Hellooo,
Don't worry - you should get a big shiny envelope from the Students' Guild soon with a fairly chunky booklet in it telling you about all the activities and events. Most events and activities are free and you don't have to book in advance - just turn up. These run throughout the week, and then on the Sunday there's the Freshers' Squash, where every society and club at the university crams itself into the Great Hall and you go around signing up to the ones you want to join (if any). There's a minimum charge of £3 and most don't cost much more than this; however, sports societies are often £50+ to account for travel and expensive equipment. During Freshers' Week there will also be sign-up sessions for your department and you should receive all info about this in the post :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Ok thanks.. but what about the MODULES ? I'm Erasmus so I think that during the Freshers week I can choose and apply for the modules / courses to follow. I don't know if this is right.. but I read that in freshers Week I can have informations about available modules. :confused:
Reply 3
OK, I've just spoken to my boyfriend, who was at Exeter on Erasmus 2003-4. He said he chose some modules before arriving there, through the university he was at before, but realised when he got to Exeter that it wasn't possible to take all the ones he'd wanted due to timetable clashes, so he was given the opportunity to make changes during freshers' week. He took a range of modules from all year groups (he took some first-year modules, some second-year modules and some third-year modules) and advises choosing third-year modules if you've already been at university for some time, and he advises that you see if you can take modules outside your main department (e.g. taking a maths module even if your main department is politics). Where are you from, by the way?

Hope this helps a bit :smile:
Reply 4
I'm from Italy !! So thanks a lot :smile:
I hope it's not a problem for my module's choice if I arrive on 26 September..
Reply 5
You should be fine. Don't worry about it unless you receive any information in the post that expressly urges you to do something about it before then :p:
Reply 6
We cannot have a program of Freshers Week yet ??? This week is an obsession :wink:
Reply 7
I expect you will receive the Freshers' Week programme a week or two before you're due to start at Exeter, if not before then :smile:
website
The Events Guide for Welcome Week 2007 will be available on arrivals weekend. If you would like to take a look before you arrive, you will be able to download it here at the start of September.

http://www.guild.exeter.ac.uk/helpandadvice/welcome

Latest

Trending

Trending