The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
Thanks for this, I'm considering getting 3 subjects remarked, definitely at least 2.
Reply 22
3 re-marks? Wow, it'd be cheaper to resit lol! Good luck though.
Reply 23
I want to hopefully ask for a remark in English language but I don’t know my scores as no English teachers where there at results day.

I know there’s a deadline for remarks but i got back on the 11th.
What should I do??
harmonyy.
I want to hopefully ask for a remark in English language but I don’t know my scores as no English teachers where there at results day.

I know there’s a deadline for remarks but i got back on the 11th.
What should I do??

Phone the school if you can and ask for the break down of your UMS. Or even have them email them to you. The deadline won't be up until around the 2nd week in September (This is only a rough guess)
Reply 25
£158 for re-moderation
so that must be coursework. just to confirm, if i was to get one of my business studies coursework re moderated looking for just 1 ums mark, it would cost £158!!!!
Reply 26
Leonidas
3 re-marks? Wow, it'd be cheaper to resit lol! Good luck though.

Thanks. Lol I know it's expensive, but I'd pay £500 if it means a shot at going up 3 grades :wink:
izzy007
£158 for re-moderation
so that must be coursework. just to confirm, if i was to get one of my business studies coursework re moderated looking for just 1 ums mark, it would cost £158!!!!

Blatently, yes.
Reply 28
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Blatently, yes.

yh i read that it has to be a minimum of 5 students so thats worthless coz no-one else needs a re-mark
***** :mad: :mad: :mad:
oh well, fuc* gcse's they're over so no point in worrying
Just wondering if anyone has any idea how long I'll have to wait for the result of my remark? I handed in the cheque, and the application was sent off at the same time (I saw the teacher applying online for it) at lunchtime last Friday. Would you say a couple of weeks, or more like a month, or 2 months or so?
Reply 30
My Exams officer said it can be a day or a month, because it depends on the re-marker.
Reply 31
I know it will be some time before we get the results of our remarks, but I'll make this thread in advance. :smile:

I've appealed about English Literature and Drama. £48.. It's like waiting for your GCSE results all over again. :laugh:
Reply 32
I am gettin my business studies remarked. For me it feels like nothing because I thought the B was funny and never thought that I was goin to remark but its just that my teacher came up to me and told me to sign this form for remark so i just agreed! Gcse is the past for me... we have A levels to concentrate on now T_T
hi,

if writing a check for a remark, do you write it in the name of the school or the exam board?

thankyou:smile:
Reply 34
"Cheques can be made payable to the school." :p: lol
At my school we pay the cheque to the school.
Getting my biology remark, and I am basically preparing for it not to change. Or more like I'll be surprised if it does change.
Getting the 6 main terminal papers for Double Science remarked since it's 'send them all or none of them then' and getting the main English Lit paper remarked too costing a whooping £165. I'm 3 UMS marks off an A* for English Lit which is like 1 or 2 RAW marks that need to be gained, and 6 UMS marks off an A*A* in Double Science which is like 3-4 RAW marks that need to be gained somehow lol! I'm not bothered about the money. I won't be bothered if the grades stay the same too. At least I know I tried and won't have to think again later on saying "Hmmm...I wonder if I should have got that remarked..." I'll be pretty devestated if they get lowered though.

Best case scenario - 6A*'s and 3A's
Same scenario - 3A*'s and 6A's
Worst case scenario - 3A*'s, 3A's, and 3B's eek!

Latest