The Student Room Group

Gather, humans. BEFRIEND EACHOTHER.

TAG YOUR FRIENDS.

I'm fed up of being on public transport and having NOBODY speak. Think of all the experiences that could be shared between people. But, nope, let's say nothing and turn up for work like a zombie, work the majority of your life, and then get a pension when you're too old to use it as you wanted to.

SO LET'S GET TALKING

I encourage people to be open-minded and have no barriers regarding what is said.

I want everyone to share:

A funny name for everyone in the thread to call them by: Poopsicle
An odd fact about themselves: Some of the hair on the back of my head grows blonde, despite the main colour being brown.
What they want to study/ a big interest of theirs: I want to study Diagnostic Radiography. I am interested in technology and philosophy.
Something that happened to them/something they saw in the news recently: I personally don't watch TV, so the second one can't apply to me. But
The most silly/embarrassing thing they've ever done: Set up a trap for the cleaners and have it backfire on me, ending in a chair-leg to the nose and a permanent scar.
A bad memory (can be ANYTHING): Having my finger stuck in a heavy door in primary school, resulting in my nail coming off and turning my finger black.
A good memory: Receiving Pokemon cards when I was about 8 and being ecstatic about it.
An ability/superpower you'd like to wake up with: Ability to fly.

Feel free to add more questions, I just want to get things for people to talk about.

A funny name for everyone in the thread to call them by:
An odd fact about themselves:
What they want to study/ a big interest of theirs:
Something that happened to them/something they saw in the news recently:
The most silly/embarrassing thing they've ever done:
A bad memory (can be ANYTHING):
A good memory:
An ability/superpower you'd like to wake up with:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

*see's the word 'lads'*
:getmecoat:
Reply 3
Reply 4
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
*see's the word 'lads'*

Women can be lads too :-(

I use the word lads like guys.
Original post by KyleH123
Women can be lads too :-(

the 'lad' world that I come from isn't as lenient, I wish it was :colonhash:
Reply 6
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
the 'lad' world that I come from isn't as lenient, I wish it was :colonhash:

ok the word lad has left the building
ok the word lad has left the building

Ahahahaha, justice, okay :biggrin:
A good memory of mine - getting treated to a McDonald's just because my stepdad got a 'new' car.
Reply 9
Original post by FreedomTower
A good memory of mine - getting treated to a McDonald's just because my stepdad got a 'new' car.

That's cool if McDonalds if something you like! I'd personally take Nando's over McD's.
That's cool if McDonalds if something you like! I'd personally take Nando's over McD's.

I HATE McDonald's these days, much prefer a KFC. :eviltongue:
A funny name for everyone in the thread to call them by: Unknown :mmm:
An odd fact about themselves: I like washing the dishes.
What they want to study/ a big interest of theirs: Music has always been one of my biggest passions but I doubt I'd ever pursue a musical career. I like Physics, but, I'm not too sure about what I want to do. :redface:
Something that happened to them: I think someone stalked me home today but I can't be certain. :afraid:
The most silly/embarrassing thing they've ever done: Too many to choose from. :lol:
A bad memory (can be ANYTHING): Again, too many.
A good memory: I made some good memories with my friends at the Wellcome Collection Museum today.
An ability/superpower you'd like to wake up with: Ability to silence everything when I need to. Whether it be noises, people or my own thoughts.
LADS LADS LADS LADS OI OI OI OI

hi :h:

x

A funny name for everyone in the thread to call them by:Big moisty
An odd fact about themselves:I take huge ****s
What they want to study/ a big interest of theirs:Chemistry
Something that happened to them/something they saw in the news recently:I ate too much cake
The most silly/embarrassing thing they've ever done:Walked all the way down the hill then realised i needed to be up the hill then thought againand went back down the hill to the sports hall then remembered i had biology in the biology block which is the longest distance within school you can walk
A bad memory (can be ANYTHING):biggrin:ofe gold practise expedition
A good memory:I did a ghost ****
An ability/superpower you'd like to wake up with:Be able to get the right amount of money for anything from the back of my pocket when i need it/teleport anywhere i want
Reply 14
Original post by retro_turtles
LADS LADS LADS LADS OI OI OI OI

hi :h:

:frown:

why does no-one take me seriously :biggrin:

it's actually the same in real-life
Be more likeable.

The problem is that there is simply no cure for being a ****.
I'm fed up of being on public transport and having NOBODY speak. Think of all the experiences that could be shared between people. But, nope, let's say nothing and turn up for work like a zombie, work the majority of your life, and then get a pension when you're too old to use it as you wanted to.

SO LET'S GET TALKING

I encourage people to be open-minded and have no barriers regarding what is said.

An odd fact about themselves: Some of the hair on the back of my head grows blonde, despite the main colour being brown.
What they want to study/ a big interest of theirs: I want to study Diagnostic Radiography. I am interested in technology and philosophy.
Something that happened to them/something they saw in the news recently: I personally don't watch TV, so the second one can't apply to me. But
The most silly/embarrassing thing they've ever done: Set up a trap for the cleaners and have it backfire on me, ending in a chair-leg to the nose and a permanent scar.
A bad memory (can be ANYTHING): Having my finger stuck in a heavy door in primary school, resulting in my nail coming off and turning my finger black.
A good memory: Receiving Pokemon cards when I was about 8 and being ecstatic about it.

Feel free to add more questions, I just want to get things for people to talk about.

A funny name for everyone in the thread to call them by: Chez @UWS
An odd fact about themselves: I collect pencil leads :colondollar:
What they want to study/ a big interest of theirs: I want to study Chemistry. I am interested in physics and the French language :h: :france:.
Something that happened to them/something they saw in the news recently: I recently read about an alzeihmers drug being unsuccessful which made me sad because my Auntie is very ill with it and I really want there to be advances in treatment for it for others :redface:
The most silly/embarrassing thing they've ever done: Erm - silent physics exam - my tummy rumbled really loud because I'd felt nauseous all morning and so hadn't eaten and it echoed in the exam hall and I blushed so much because everyone looked at me and hehe :colondollar: :hide:
A bad memory (can be ANYTHING): When my sister slammed my finger in her door and it went purple and hurt so much and :bawling:
A good memory: GCSE results day - just - wow - the shock, the emotions, the everything :colondollar: (mainly the McDonalds afterwards :toofunny:)
An ability/superpower you'd like to wake up with: Ability to fly :yep:

@OvergrownMoose
Reply 17

SO LET'S GET TALKING

A funny name for everyone in the thread to call them by:
An odd fact about themselves:
What they want to study/ a big interest of theirs:
Something that happened to them/something they saw in the news recently:
The most silly/embarrassing thing they've ever done:
A bad memory (can be ANYTHING):
A good memory:
An ability/superpower you'd like to wake up with:

God, I really hated it when people would try and start a convo with me on public transport, when all I wanted was some peace & music (yay, headphones) after hard work at uni, college or work. If you want to chat to people, go to a pub, not on a train . :colonhash: :wink:
:frown:

why does no-one take me seriously :biggrin:

it's actually the same in real-life

Awh no i like the term lads lol, It's just that your thing has alot of question and i have no answers because i am really boring. I am the type of person that cocoons herself in a duvet and legit enjoys browsing memes :rofl:
No

Quick Reply

Latest