The Student Room Group

My GCSE experience-Don't Mess Up Guys!

Hi all!
so a lot of people have been asking me how I managed to pass my GCSE's and how I revised and how it felt on results day, so I thought that it would be great to share my experience on this thread. As I know a lot of you are studying for GCSE's so the number one tip that I could give is love every subject you study! by this I mean that for example when I was studying for my GCSE's I hated maths I don't know but like every time we would revise maths I would switch off completely, so it caused me to get a D In maths and guys if your a dreamer like me and when you see you got C's and above in all your other subjects but have this big fat D there for a very important subject you feel like ****. When you have love for a subject you really want to revise for it so you push yourself to constantly revise revise revise...It may be hard to start admiring a subject you hate but it's life guys we need to so we can progress. Now when it comes to my GCSE experience I don't think I have a very inspiring story because I was a bit of a lazy ass so for some subjects I would revise a day before the exam DON'T DO THAT GUYS! even though I passed that was simply because I put a lot of effort in lessons like I would ask questions and participate a lot so the information would stick in my head. But were not all me. In my opinion GCSE's are the most important exams you could ever take in your life as the grades you get shape your future like help you to get onto certain courses, I didn't get a D for maths just because of my laziness but there was some personal issues to which effected me but I just want to say guys that now lifes going to get hard were all fighting against eachother to get that dream job, now com on guys, would you rather spend your life in a standard 3 bedroom house and a standard car or would like to earn hell lots of money and live in a 2-3 storey home and drive a mercedez. the 2nd option right? all I'm stressing is that the qualifications we get help us to succeed like imagine on results day you get straights A's now that's what you call a successful life ahead, we all want a good life in the future we all want to be educated and have well paid jobs so we can develop a better generation after us who all follow in our footsteps and progress making our country progress. so if your really stressing then the feeling mutual I can understand you will always have that horror but instead if your positive and put on a good mindset and everytime you sit a exam your like you know what I'm getting a A mate then you honestly will just work hard not just to make your family proud but to create a bright peaceful future for yourseves right guys, I mean you want to dress your children in prada not value clothing right so now work hard and make that good futre for yourselves and oh if anyone says that you can't be this or that then play along an prove them wrong on results day yeah man! have that victorious smile! Good Luck (sorry for this very very long life story of mine)
Reply 1
I revised the day before and i did reasonably well.
Reply 2
Original post by burt.
I revised the day before and i did reasonably well.

-high five- same here but I only got C's one A and one B I could've done better

Quick Reply

Latest