The Student Room Group

Predicted ABC, should I be worried, where do I apply?

Hey, I'm predicted:

A - Mathematics
B - Computer Science
C - Further Mathematics

and I have

D - AS Physics.

I want to do Computer Science at university, but have not had the time to look around any universities.

I've looked on Which? but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

I also don't know if I have good enough grades.
Reply 1
are you doing OCR computer science? If so, how are you finding it and revising for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shubbler
Hey, I'm predicted:

A - Mathematics
B - Computer Science
C - Further Mathematics

and I have

D - AS Physics.

I want to do Computer Science at university, but have not had the time to look around any universities.

Hey,

I would definitely suggested maybe going on the UCAS website and seeing which universities offer Computer Science.

Then going on their actual university website and reading their module list. As many universities may do Computer Science, but they will differ in what modules they will provide.

Then you may also want to consider other factors such as where would you like to study (Location of the university), facilities , projects you could get involved in, accommodation(if you want to move away from home), assessment style of the course, social life, employability rates. These are just some ideas, it's really up to you and which factors you consider more important when picking an university.

I would also suggest visiting the university before applying, but if you are unable to definitely go to the UCAS Visit days.If you are invited them.

If you like would like to see what Leicester students do- here is link to our student blogs http://studentblogs.le.ac.uk/computer-science/

I hope this helps a little bit. If you have any more questions, feel free to message me :smile:

Antonia
Original post by Shubbler
Hey, I'm predicted:

A - Mathematics
B - Computer Science
C - Further Mathematics

and I have

D - AS Physics.

Hi,

I'd say check around different universities and see which course speaks to you the most.

You can find out what Coventry has to offer here: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/engineering-environment-and-computing/undergraduate-degree/2016-17/computer-science-bsc-hons/

Make sure you attend some open days as well, Universities have them all the time in january. They can really help you make a decision because they let you explore the city and talk to current students.

If you're worrying about making a ucas application you can use our guide to help your through the process: http://bit.ly/UcasWorried

Hope this helps you out! Feel free to message me with any questions you might have :smile:

Kyle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending