The Student Room Group

HELP! Can't decide which subject to drop

I'm currently taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology, and French at A Level, but I'm thinking of dropping down to three subjects. From what I've heard, those with four subjects are not favoured over those with three, so I figured I'd rather concentrate on three and get decent grades than take four and perhaps not do as well as I could

I initially only took Biology as a A Level as I was considering either taking Medicine or Veterinary Medicine at university. I still don't want to completely rule out Veterinary Medicine, but dropping biology would mean I would have to

So my questions are basically:
Is Biology actually necessary for any degree other than those in Medicine?
Is Chemistry more highly regarded than Biology?
Which three of my four subjects would be the best combination?
Original post by Tasha_140
I'm currently taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology, and French at A Level, but I'm thinking of dropping down to three subjects. From what I've heard, those with four subjects are not favoured over those with three, so I figured I'd rather concentrate on three and get decent grades than take four and perhaps not do as well as I could

I initially only took Biology as a A Level as I was considering either taking Medicine or Veterinary Medicine at university. I still don't want to completely rule out Veterinary Medicine, but dropping biology would mean I would have to

So my questions are basically:
Is Biology actually necessary for any degree other than those in Medicine?
Is Chemistry more highly regarded than Biology?
Which three of my four subjects would be the best combination?

The Which Uni website says that for Veterinary Medicine, the best way to keep all courses open to you is to combine chemistry, biology and either maths or physics so that means you would drop French (which is a shame :frown: )

Same for Medicine, taking those 3 will keep all medical schools open to you

I wouldn't know the answer to yout first 2 questions as I'm not studying any sciences at A-level but I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest