The Student Room Group

Resits Question

I was wondering if I was to fail an exam that is worth 60% of my module, will the percentage I get from the first exam be topped up by the grade in the resit?

E.g. if you dont get what I mean.

Exam = I Need 60%
I achieve = 30%

(Need 10% To Pass)

Resit = I resit and get 20% (Will this get added to the 30% I already achieved? or does the grade start completely fresh and they dont count your marks from your first exam?)
Reply 1
You resit will not get added to your previous score, it will replace it if better.

So if you got 30% in the first attempt, and 20% in the second, you will score 30% on the module

If you got 30%, and then get 90%, you will score 90% for the module.

If it was cumulative like I think you're trying to suggest, you could just keep resitting the same module until you did enough attempts to get 100%
Original post by Tubbz
You resit will not get added to your previous score, it will replace it if better.

So if you got 30% in the first attempt, and 20% in the second, you will score 30% on the module

If you got 30%, and then get 90%, you will score 90% for the module.

If it was cumulative like I think you're trying to suggest, you could just keep resitting the same module until you did enough attempts to get 100%

Not strictly true. Most unis will take your first sitting result to calculate your grade and only make you resit it because you have to earn those credits to graduate. It's very rare that universities will give you the grade you got in your resit as your final grade.
Reply 3
Original post by GoingToBurst
Not strictly true. Most unis will take your first sitting result to calculate your grade and only make you resit it because you have to earn those credits to graduate. It's very rare that universities will give you the grade you got in your resit as your final grade.

Apologies, read it as though it were being asked about A-Levels

Quick Reply

Latest