The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I work full time, 9-5 5 days a week as a temp. its good easy money and I spend most of my time on the internet! :biggrin:
I currently work at a supermarket on Saturdays 9-3 and get £4.05 per hour, which isnt too bad as im only 17. Although i'v applied for a Saturday job at some high street banks but haven't had any replies. :mad:
Reply 3
I'm an Engineer :smile:
Reply 4
Vladek
I'm an Engineer :smile:

im a community home carer.... i work with the elderly do personal care shopping... ironing ....domestic .... sewing all sorts
Reply 5
Im a kids play worker with primary aged children
Reply 6
I work in a restaurant at the minute but I'm waiting to start training in the RAF as a mechanical engineer
I don't have a job. Yet.
lizzieb
where does everyone work during the holidays and at weekends?

Recently I've done some work for my stepdad with his local business, and some of it has involved moving boxes, equipment, carrying things, driving things around etc. - I've built up some muscles in my arms in the process. :cool:

I'll be doing proper work experience soon though, either at the local uni or probably something else; I have gathered the places to ring etc.
I am a Teaching Assistant to the Deaf in a mainstream primary school and interpret lessons for them. I also lead an Out of School club for the children of the school I work during the holidays. :wink:
Sweet F.A at the minute, but come next week - Data Entry for £5 an hour (and yes - even more time to squander on UKL :biggrin:).
Reply 11
I'm a checkout girl at the local supermarket. Well-paid, reasonable hours, located near my house, staff discount...but the most mind-numbingly boring work ever!
Reply 12
sarah101
I'm a checkout girl at the local supermarket. Well-paid, reasonable hours, located near my house, staff discount...but the most mind-numbingly boring work ever!

are you one that smileys and makes small talk or pretends that the customer doesn't even exist wilst moping about slowly passing things over the checkout?
Reply 13
I'm a pilot, and part-time career cousellor to people here interested in the RAF, it seems.
Reply 14
I am the guy at JD Sports who has to run up and down stairs into the stock room searching for ten minutes to find your damn trainers to find you actually want a bigger size. Just a little plea - tell us the EXACT size(s) you want

:wink: I am not bitter.
I've been offered a job with a starting salary of £10300pa as an admin assistant. It's only for part of a gap year so I can earn some money to do stuff I've always wanted to do (like a tour of European theme parks :biggrin:).

Is this any good?
Reply 16
I work on front end at safeway/morrisons (morrisons is crap to work for) 3 days a week, then 1-2 days with my dad, putting together planning applications and colouring in! Huzzah! :biggrin:
Reply 17
i sit on my arse all day...
Reply 18
Surfing Hamster
I've been offered a job with a starting salary of £10300pa as an admin assistant. It's only for part of a gap year so I can earn some money to do stuff I've always wanted to do (like a tour of European theme parks :biggrin:).

Is this any good?

yeah its about right for a gap year, on my sandwich year i got 12k and the gap year guys got 10k. I'm on much more now :biggrin: degree's are great!
Reply 19
Vladek
are you one that smileys and makes small talk or pretends that the customer doesn't even exist wilst moping about slowly passing things over the checkout?

:smile: no, I do smile. It makes the time go a bit quicker. We are told never to start a conversation though, always wait for the customer to speak to you or they might get annoyed! It's true that if I do say anything , I sometimes get a rather shocked "it speaks!" type look.

Latest