The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
LS.
There's hardly any choice at our 6th form... No unusual subjects, no languages; just the basic package of: English, Sciences, Technology, Drama and Music.

You can't even do a combination of Chemistry with ICT or Technology :confused:

3 out of the 4 of my friend's subject choices clashed! so she had to choose between them and then choose subjects that she doesn't even want to do
i actually study Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Science and will be doing my 2nd year of Accounting next year - is that an unusual combination? Some people say it is.
Reply 22
Alevel surfing :rolleyes:
Reply 23
My friend has just done an A level in Persian at my school, and several have done Cantonese too
Reply 24
I do economics.
Zapsta
I do economics.

It's quite dull isn't it.
Reply 26
Zapsta
I do economics.

cool so where are u heading in the future?
Reply 27
Chriswba1986
i actually study Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Science and will be doing my 2nd year of Accounting next year - is that an unusual combination? Some people say it is.

Pretty weird! How's accounting though? I was thinking of doing an AS in it outside of lessons next year. Our school offers nothing unusual (unless you count classical Greek), sadly.
Reply 28
Invisible
It's quite dull isn't it.

Excrutiatingly. Also quite easy though :smile:.
Reply 29
shushimeng
cool so where are u heading in the future?

I dunno. Journalism, advertising, music and computing are all under consideration. Nothing to do with economics though. It was just a fourth a-level picked pretty much at random to be honest. Not really interested in it at all.
A level history of art
No interesting subjects at my school!! also a crap blocking/timetable system
Hey guys,

I've just finished Italian A Level in a year.

C ya,

Jordan :biggrin:
Reply 33
my maths, f.maths, physics and chemistry options seem to be unusual at my school since i have to take chemistry at a different school now :rolleyes:

bleddy school
Reply 34
Not that I am doing any of them, but our college has...Archaeology, Classical Civilisation, Accounting, Communication Studies, Critical Thinking AS, Geology, Human Biology, Environmental Science, Film Studies, Food and Nutrition, Photography, Italian and Latin. Beat that! :cool:
Not many people do Russian language do they?
Reply 36
I do History of Art, but I'm not sure if it's especially unusual.

i dont study an unusual subject but i am doing an unusual combination: maths, further maths, physics and (wait for it.....) english language. I was even asked in one of my uni interviews last december 'so, why english?'. i honestly couldnt say why i took it.

Donna
-x-
Reply 38
Wise One
Not that I am doing any of them, but our college has...Archaeology, Classical Civilisation, Accounting, Communication Studies, Critical Thinking AS, Geology, Human Biology, Environmental Science, Film Studies, Food and Nutrition, Photography, Italian and Latin. Beat that! :cool:

The college i'm gping to does all of those except Critical Thinking and Food and Nutrition. We also have Performance Studies and Philosophy which aren't that strange but aren't offered anywhere else i've chencked in my area
Reply 39
Our school don't offer unusual A-levels. Don't think people in our school are interested in unusual A-levels.

Latest

Trending

Trending