The Student Room Group

Athletics

Scroll to see replies

Klinsmannic
Just seen Dwayne Chambers get hounded on This Morning for the past half an hour. Eamon Holmes and that other lady didn't have a clue. Shocking treatment of him. He didn't have to do the interview but he did so and was humble throughout. But they got egg on their faces when the public poll resulted in 80% saying Chambers should be forgiven. The look on the presenters faces was a picture. Muppets.

Ouch! I didn't see it, it was a bit too early for me :redface:

Whenever I've seen normal presenters try and interview athletes, they come off as complete idiots. Always looking for a story that probably isnt there. I think they should leave it to the pros to interview :teeth:
PE Crazy
the big disgrace is that Rick Yates has not been picked for the 400m hurdles when he is 22, has the B Standard and won the trials, no1 is faster than him in britain and he is definately 1 for the future after having a MASSIVE breakthrough this year. and then that Dale Garland who is ranked 19th, yes 19th in Britain is going for the 4x4 when Rick could easily have doubled up!!!! atleast Steeley's goin :smile:

That doesnt make sense. If he meets the criteria and could be a medal chance in four years, then why not pick him :frown: :mad:
Reply 361
Lapis lazuli
Theres a facebook group about this you know:cool:

There seems to be a lot of favouritism in UKA team selections across all age groups in recent times!

oh don't you worry i was one of the first to join this, it was set up by some lads in Rick's training group (i run for his club)
Powell in the 100m was impressive, into a 1.5m headwind. Can he overcome his choking to win gold in Beijing?

WTF was happening with the hurdles in the heptathalon? Its quite a surprise that noone got hurt :mad:

Idowu wins again... I have a strange feeling he will completely bottle it though. I mean like 3 failures in the qualifying and not even getting in to the final. Hope I'm wrong though.

I still think we'll get a middle distance medal in Beijing. Rimmer or Baddeley :teeth:
Rooney :eek2:
Okoro :eek2:
Reply 364
what about Yates?!?!?!!!!!!!! DEFINATLEY SHOULD BE GOING!!!!!!
Best performance on friday Silnov's 238 High jump WL, not even mentioned by UKA and BBC. Headline news for IAAF:rolleyes:
PE Crazy
what about Yates?!?!?!!!!!!!! DEFINATLEY SHOULD BE GOING!!!!!!

Of course, I knew I was forgetting someone :doh:

Its a real shame and a real blunder that hes not been picked. Hes not got the A standard too :frown:
Lapis lazuli
Best performance on friday Silnov's 238 High jump WL, not even mentioned by UKA and BBC. Headline news for IAAF:rolleyes:

I remember it was mentioned on TV

Shame he wont be at the Olympics, only finished 4th in the russian trials
They said he jumped 233 or something stupid and then didnt show any more, it was only shown on eurosport.
Reply 368
SuperDaz
Of course, I knew I was forgetting someone :doh:

Its a real shame and a real blunder that hes not been picked. Hes not got the A standard too :frown:

I remember it was mentioned on TV

Shame he wont be at the Olympics, only finished 4th in the russian trials

Rick may still go, was talking to his coach on Sunday afternoon and he said there may be a loop hole in the system, he was on 909 last night sat in the car park on his fone talking to them and loads of other people were around another car listening to it, he was speaking to Crammy and Kris Akabusi rang up to speak to him, both of them are completely on his side and want him to go.
PE Crazy
Rick may still go, was talking to his coach on Sunday afternoon and he said there may be a loop hole in the system, he was on 909 last night sat in the car park on his fone talking to them and loads of other people were around another car listening to it, he was speaking to Crammy and Kris Akabusi rang up to speak to him, both of them are completely on his side and want him to go.

didnt collins of something who made the decison day he couldnt change it,
Multi_Eventer
didnt collins of something who made the decison day he couldnt change it,

Thats what I heard too, so would be surprised if he managed to get a turn around. If there was still a loophole to exploit then Chambers would still be fighting I imagine :rolleyes:

Rooney wins in Monaco. Possible medalist? Well obviously not ahead of Wariner and Merrit but a bronze maybe :p:
Sexiest female athlete. ****ing beautiful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7532158.stm

Discuss.
Reply 372
white_haired_wizard

Discuss.

if we getting on to that discussion then i know the winner hand down

Alison Stokke!!!!! i want her 2 have my babies!!!!!!
PE Crazy
if we getting on to that discussion then i know the winner hand down

Alison Stokke!!!!! i want her 2 have my babies!!!!!!

Oh i know herrrr :cool: Good lord, i didn't think it was possible to be so mutha ****ing good-looking! arghhhh why r u so gud lukin arghhhh :cool:

What a babe.
http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/allisonstokke.jpg
white_haired_wizard
Oh i know herrrr :cool: Good lord, i didn't think it was possible to be so mutha ****ing good-looking! arghhhh why r u so gud lukin arghhhh :cool:

What a babe.
http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/allisonstokke.jpg

Holy Moly :eek:

She can have a go on my pole.
SuperDaz
Holy Moly :eek:

She can have a go on my pole.

mine first :cool:
white_haired_wizard

Discuss.

I dont think she is that great looking but there has always been something about her :smile:
Economist
I dont think she is that great looking but there has always been something about her :smile:

It's the black nail paint that does it for me - sexy as hell. I can imagine her being like Isla Fisher's character in The Wedding Crashers - adventurous (a whore) in the bedroom :cool:

There's her or her ugly ginger-haired pole-vault rival (she's not ugly because she's ginger, she's just ugly and i can't remember her name but i can identity her through her having ginger hair) - has she retired? Whoever she's called...
She has a sexy, fun time girl kind of thing :yes:

Feofanava was her rival. They were neck and neck a few years back but Isinbayeva has become the queen! I wonder how high shes gone in training, she seems to increase her WRs one cm at a time for more money :teeth:

Feofanava is still going at a decent level, but just not as good as Isinbayeva

Dragilla was hot too

perverts have taken over this thread :woo:
SuperDaz
She has a sexy, fun time girl kind of thing :yes:

Feofanava was her rival. They were neck and neck a few years back but Isinbayeva has become the queen! I wonder how high shes gone in training, she seems to increase her WRs one cm at a time for more money :teeth:

I always thought it must have been so ****ing depressing for Feofanava (sic?), having to compete alongside Isinbayeva, who literally farts all over her when it comes to looks. Those two had an excellent rivalry for a few years.

Quick Reply

Latest