The Student Room Group

Athletics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erniiee
Hm well it annoys me that I can't receive Channel 4 Music or Viva :tongue: used to love watching music channels for some reason ha.

Ah I might tell them to get Virgin then :wink:

So do you know when the Ostrava meet is?

Haha aww you're not missing out on a lot. Music Tv channels seem to be slacking lately :tongue:

Wahey team Virgin! :biggrin:

May 25th
- 12 days to go!! :bban:
Apparently Powell's going to be at the Shanghai meeting on Friday. Is that not a bit peculiar, to race twice in a week let alone about four thousand miles away from where you do the first race? I'd barely race twice a week at home in the summer...
Reply 482
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
Haha aww you're not missing out on a lot. Music Tv channels seem to be slacking lately :tongue:

Wahey team Virgin! :biggrin:

May 25th
- 12 days to go!! :bban:

Aha :tongue:

Oh good, that's nice and soon! And Shanghai is on the 19th :woo:
Original post by erniiee
Aha :tongue:

Oh good, that's nice and soon! And Shanghai is on the 19th :woo:

.. And the weather's getting better too!

Roll on the Summer and the events to come :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 484
.. And the weather's getting better too!

Roll on the Summer and the events to come :biggrin: :woo:

Yea, I'm praying for 25 degrees, a 1m/s tailwind, no rain and good humidity at 21.50 on Sunday the 5th August. :colone:
Original post by erniiee
Yea, I'm praying for 25 degrees, a 1m/s tailwind, no rain and good humidity at 21.50 on Sunday the 5th August. :colone:

Haha exactly!
I'll be SO annoyed if it rains.. trust England to build an open top stadium :-P
Reply 486
Haha exactly!
I'll be SO annoyed if it rains.. trust England to build an open top stadium :-P

Oh my gawd, I will cry haha. Yea why couldn't they build one with a roof?! You'd have thought they learned..
Original post by erniiee
Oh my gawd, I will cry haha. Yea why couldn't they build one with a roof?! You'd have thought they learned..

Haha obviously not!
Reply 488
Haha obviously not!

I'm just thinking, there's the Daegu colourful meet this Wednesday. How am I going to watch it?! D:
Original post by erniiee
I'm just thinking, there's the Daegu colourful meet this Wednesday. How am I going to watch it?! D:

I didn't even know it was on!
There are SO many meets this month.. this season really is shaping up to be one of the most eventful ever :biggrin:
Reply 490
I didn't even know it was on!
There are SO many meets this month.. this season really is shaping up to be one of the most eventful ever :biggrin:

Aha..it might be on eurosport..I'm gonna try and stream it on sport lemon.

It's crazy isn't it! I'm hoping we'll see a sub 9.8 before next month aha!
Original post by erniiee
Aha..it might be on eurosport..I'm gonna try and stream it on sport lemon.

It's crazy isn't it! I'm hoping we'll see a sub 9.8 before next month aha!

If you find a link share it with me!
- We better see one, there are toooo many meets beforehand to not :-p
Reply 492
If you find a link share it with me!
- We better see one, there are toooo many meets beforehand to not :-p

Do you have eurosport on Virgin?

Aha, will be very disappointing! I wonder whether Bolt and Blake will clash before London too..hmmmmm:colone:
Original post by erniiee
Do you have eurosport on Virgin?

Aha, will be very disappointing! I wonder whether Bolt and Blake will clash before London too..hmmmmm:colone:

Come to think of it, I think I do!! ::biggrin:

Oo that's one race I won't want to miss! Poor Gay, he thought he had a chance of beating Bolt this year but I think Blake might do so instead :colone:
Reply 494
Come to think of it, I think I do!! ::biggrin:

Oo that's one race I won't want to miss! Poor Gay, he thought he had a chance of beating Bolt this year but I think Blake might do so instead :colone:

You can watch it then :awesome: I think it will be on around 12-3pm (not sure exactly when) because of the different timezones. Check it out on the guide :smile:

Indeed! I feel so sorry for Gay :/ he's really sunk into the background. At one point, I thought he was the only one who could beat Bolt! You're so right..if anyone's gonna do it, it has to be Blake :tongue: I think the times will literally be crazy, even if the weather is bad. Lets just hope there are no sucky semifinal draws (e.g. Bolt and Blake in the same one T_T), that could cost them getting a decent lane in the final!
Original post by erniiee
You can watch it then :awesome: I think it will be on around 12-3pm (not sure exactly when) because of the different timezones. Check it out on the guide :smile:

Indeed! I feel so sorry for Gay :/ he's really sunk into the background. At one point, I thought he was the only one who could beat Bolt! You're so right..if anyone's gonna do it, it has to be Blake :tongue: I think the times will literally be crazy, even if the weather is bad. Lets just hope there are no sucky semifinal draws (e.g. Bolt and Blake in the same one T_T), that could cost them getting a decent lane in the final!

Nope it's not on Eurosport :frown:

Exactly! I mean it's all down to his injury towards the end of the seaon last year but hopefully he's recovered fully now. It was such a shame that he missed the World Champs in Daegu.. him, Blake & Bolt in the same race?
That would've been the race of the YEAR :biggrin:
Ahh, but then we'd have a pre-final showdown which would make the final even more spectacular as one of them would be all out to beat the other!:colone:
Reply 496
Nope it's not on Eurosport :frown:

Exactly! I mean it's all down to his injury towards the end of the seaon last year but hopefully he's recovered fully now. It was such a shame that he missed the World Champs in Daegu.. him, Blake & Bolt in the same race?
That would've been the race of the YEAR :biggrin:
Ahh, but then we'd have a pre-final showdown which would make the final even more spectacular as one of them would be all out to beat the other!:colone:

Ah :/ I remember they showed the Zagreb world challenge last year. Maybe they only show European sport meets..I should've figured from the name :colondollar:

Yea, such bad timing! And he had run a 9.79 before he packed up for the season! I feel for him, having to go for a second surgery too. His body must be suffering :frown:

Oh my god, my dream race :love: :biggrin: I missed the 2009 world championship final, and so I have literally been waiting to see these guys go up against each other forever. Ha, I was so annoyed at last years final ¬_¬ and I missed Bolt vs Gay at the DN Galan in 2010! :frown: pity me :tongue:

That's true..it could make the final even more tense! The women's 100m final is on the Saturday btw! I find that a bit odd, ha, I seem to always remember it being after the mens! :confused:
Original post by erniiee
Ah :/ I remember they showed the Zagreb world challenge last year. Maybe they only show European sport meets..I should've figured from the name :colondollar:

Yea, such bad timing! And he had run a 9.79 before he packed up for the season! I feel for him, having to go for a second surgery too. His body must be suffering :frown:

Oh my god, my dream race :love: :biggrin: I missed the 2009 world championship final, and so I have literally been waiting to see these guys go up against each other forever. Ha, I was so annoyed at last years final ¬_¬ and I missed Bolt vs Gay at the DN Galan in 2010! :frown: pity me :tongue:

That's true..it could make the final even more tense! The women's 100m final is on the Saturday btw! I find that a bit odd, ha, I seem to always remember it being after the mens! :confused:

Loool it's no problem, I would've missed it as I would've been at school :tongue:

Ahh I know, poor Tyson.. but you never know, all this time he may have recovered amazingly & gained this supersonic speed that neither Bolt nor Blake can compete with(unlikely but still a nice fantasy :biggrin:)

Ahh, I pity you! I've missed so many meets myself due to having miscalculated the time differences lol :colondollar:

Haha for once us Women come first.. :colone:
Reply 498
Loool it's no problem, I would've missed it as I would've been at school :tongue:

Ahh I know, poor Tyson.. but you never know, all this time he may have recovered amazingly & gained this supersonic speed that neither Bolt nor Blake can compete with(unlikely but still a nice fantasy :biggrin:)

Ahh, I pity you! I've missed so many meets myself due to having miscalculated the time differences lol :colondollar:

Haha for once us Women come first.. :colone:

Ha okay :tongue:

Aha yea lets hope! Imagine, he's just been hiding it :wink:

Ahaha aw :tongue: well there's always google to do it for me, I just type in the City and country and time e.g. "Kingston Jamaica time". Although I failed hard to find the Daegu time difference today..I couldn't find a working stream though :rant:

LOL, its strange right? I think it could make the mens even more exciting! Who do you reckon will come first? I think Jeter, but if she doesn't watch out, VCB could steal the gold! (I hope anyway, I love VCB :awesome: )
Original post by erniiee
Ha okay :tongue:

Aha yea lets hope! Imagine, he's just been hiding it :wink:

Ahaha aw :tongue: well there's always google to do it for me, I just type in the City and country and time e.g. "Kingston Jamaica time". Although I failed hard to find the Daegu time difference today..I couldn't find a working stream though :rant:

LOL, its strange right? I think it could make the mens even more exciting! Who do you reckon will come first? I think Jeter, but if she doesn't watch out, VCB could steal the gold! (I hope anyway, I love VCB :awesome: )

Ahh I know, but I'm too lazy to do that. I prefer the old counting backwards on fingers method :cool:
Grr I hate when that happens or when the stream keeping on freezing ¬¬

Mm, I don't think either of them will win tbh. They're both in their 30s now.. they don't look it though o__O
They'll probably be a female equivalent of Yohan Blake out there somewhere. Jamaicans seem to be dominating the athletics world as of lately:excited::party:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest