The Student Room Group

Athletics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erniiee
True :frown:

Haha so true, she seemed to get out ahead, thought she was gonna win :eek: I would be so annoyed ha, no doubt the athletes would be pretty vexed too :tongue:

Yea he's still got some work to do!

Exactly! He's been their lifeline for the last few years :L I support Arsenal - no shame :tongue: you?

Haha oh yeah, Arsenal.. I think I support Man U, Man City & Chelsea - purely because I used to play OFM and a lot of the players on my team came from these teams so whenever I see their names come up on my tv screen I get really excited :colondollar:
Reply 521
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
Haha oh yeah, Arsenal.. I think I support Man U, Man City & Chelsea - purely because I used to play OFM and a lot of the players on my team came from these teams so whenever I see their names come up on my tv screen I get really excited :colondollar:

Aha :tongue: nice. I quite like Man City and Chelsea :biggrin: hate United though. :mad:
Original post by erniiee
Aha :tongue: nice. I quite like Man City and Chelsea :biggrin: hate United though. :mad:

:biggrin:
why'd you hate united though? :frown:
Original post by erniiee
Okay, yea was about to say you need to get in contact with UKA :tongue: I'm a measly 2.20 runner :frown:

Can vouch for the 800, it's probably the most thrilling event on the track. Going to try and go for sub 2:00 this season, will try and get in a few fresh 400 races to test the speed and speed endurance.

Football wise, I support Tottenham :colondollar: been to 17 games this season just gone.
Reply 524
:biggrin:
why'd you hate united though? :frown:

Haha always have, they annoy me ¬_¬ also seem to have a big rivalry with my darling's Arsenal. Do prefer them to Tottenham though! aha :tongue:

Original post by rockrunride
Can vouch for the 800, it's probably the most thrilling event on the track. Going to try and go for sub 2:00 this season, will try and get in a few fresh 400 races to test the speed and speed endurance.

Football wise, I support Tottenham :colondollar: been to 17 games this season just gone.

It is thrilling but I would have to disagree about it being the most thrilling :wink:

Good luck, that would be very impressive! Do tell us how your season's going :biggrin:

And wow, avid support :smile: I personally don't like Tottenham that much, probably because I support Arsenal :tongue: :awesome:
Original post by erniiee
Haha always have, they annoy me ¬_¬ also seem to have a big rivalry with my darling's Arsenal. Do prefer them to Tottenham though! aha :tongue:

OMG I MISSED OSTRAVA LAST NIGHT :'(
did you see it?
Reply 526
OMG I MISSED OSTRAVA LAST NIGHT :'(
did you see it?

Yea, very disappointing meet :frown: Bolt was terrible, and in general all of the performances seemed below par except maybe Jelimo and Harting. SO annoyed :mad:
Original post by erniiee
Yea, very disappointing meet :frown: Bolt was terrible, and in general all of the performances seemed below par except maybe Jelimo and Harting. SO annoyed :mad:

Mm, I watched the race on Youtube.
VERY disappointing.. looks like Blake could well beat him this year :frown:

Semenya hasn't been as good as she was @ the World Champs a couple of years back.. she was AMAZING and now since the hermaphrodite stuff came out she seems to have retreated and lost it :frown:

Oh yeah, I got tickets to the Grand Prix @ Crystal Palace in July :biggrin:
Reply 528
Mm, I watched the race on Youtube.
VERY disappointing.. looks like Blake could well beat him this year :frown:

Semenya hasn't been as good as she was @ the World Champs a couple of years back.. she was AMAZING and now since the hermaphrodite stuff came out she seems to have retreated and lost it :frown:

Oh yeah, I got tickets to the Grand Prix @ Crystal Palace in July :biggrin:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :frown:

Yea its almost like she's trying to seem more womanly by doing badly :confused: lets hope Jelimo keeps up her return to form :yep:

Wooooo! Sally Pearson's running against Tiffany Porter there! :awesome:
It would be interesting to know what her test levels are this time around in comparison to last time, as they were 3 times over the average last time

Can't wait for Chrystal Palace I'm off as well :smile:
Reply 530
Original post by Glow in the dark
It would be interesting to know what her test levels are this time around in comparison to last time, as they were 3 times over the average last time

Can't wait for Chrystal Palace I'm off as well :smile:

Semenya's?
Original post by erniiee
Semenya's?

Yeahh!
Original post by erniiee
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :frown:

Yea its almost like she's trying to seem more womanly by doing badly :confused: lets hope Jelimo keeps up her return to form :yep:

Wooooo! Sally Pearson's running against Tiffany Porter there! :awesome:

Hopefully so!

Rome meet in 2 days, hopefully that'll be better than Ostrava!

Ahh I'm not going on that day, I'm going on the 400mH day so hopefully Perri Shakes-Drayton will do well :smile:
Reply 533
Original post by Glow in the dark
Yeahh!

Ah that's pretty bad!

Hopefully so!

Ahh I'm not going on that day, I'm going on the 400mH day so hopefully Perri Shakes-Drayton will do well :smile:

Yea I'm really looking forward to the Rome meet, weather should be good. Always some good early season performances there :colone: disappointed with the women's 100m line up though, I've started to become a bit obsessed with seeing VCB face off with Jeter :lol:

Ok :smile: ooo I love watching her run! She's come so far :h: good luck to her!
Reply 534
Hopefully so!

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/dlm/news/newsid=65119.html

Key article about Bolt talking to the press before the Rome meet!

"The track is going to be fast. I am definitely looking forward to running in London. There are many strong rivals but I have a plan with my coach which leads up to the Olympic Games. Before the Olympic Games I will run both the 100 and the 200 metres at the Jamaican Trials."

WOOOOOOOOO!
Original post by erniiee
Ah that's pretty bad!

Yea I'm really looking forward to the Rome meet, weather should be good. Always some good early season performances there :colone: disappointed with the women's 100m line up though, I've started to become a bit obsessed with seeing VCB face off with Jeter :lol:

Ok :smile: ooo I love watching her run! She's come so far :h: good luck to her!

Haha I understand what you mean there about that line up. I doubt Shelly-Ann will win even in a slightly easier line up.. she too has lost it since Beijing :frown:

Original post by erniiee
http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/dlm/news/newsid=65119.html

Key article about Bolt talking to the press before the Rome meet!

WOOOOOOOOO!

Whoop whoop, Lemaitre!!!!!
He's so cute.. I haven't seen him a WHILE now :biggrin:

The Rome track will be GREAT!!! Ahh, I cannot wait now. This time I defo won't miss it :biggrin:D
Original post by erniiee
It is thrilling but I would have to disagree about it being the most thrilling :wink:

Good luck, that would be very impressive! Do tell us how your season's going :biggrin:

And wow, avid support :smile: I personally don't like Tottenham that much, probably because I support Arsenal :tongue: :awesome:

:colonhash::p:

Really? 800 is definitely the most thrilling event to compete in for me; I personally at the moment need to be just sub 58 through the bell and my best 400 time is 55. The fact that it's just three seconds slower for twice the distance is chilling. Then if you've paced it right the back straight of the second lap feels amazing, like you're on a rollercoaster, and the last 100 feels horrible, but you're there after that! Going to go for the big 2 at a BMC race next week.

Managed 4:09 in the Watford Open 1500 tonight, it's a pb so I can finally say my track pb campaign is open this season! :awesome:
Reply 537
Haha I understand what you mean there about that line up. I doubt Shelly-Ann will win even in a slightly easier line up.. she too has lost it since Beijing :frown:

:/ I wonder whether she'll be able to defend her Olympic title?!

Whoop whoop, Lemaitre!!!!!
He's so cute.. I haven't seen him a WHILE now :biggrin:

:lol: he's so funny to watch, got such weird form, especially over 200! He's a big talent though, I'd say almost as much as Blake!

The Rome track will be GREAT!!! Ahh, I cannot wait now. This time I defo won't miss it :biggrin:D

:excited: Ah I can't wait either!
Reply 538
Original post by rockrunride
:colonhash::p:

Really? 800 is definitely the most thrilling event to compete in for me; I personally at the moment need to be just sub 58 through the bell and my best 400 time is 55. The fact that it's just three seconds slower for twice the distance is chilling. Then if you've paced it right the back straight of the second lap feels amazing, like you're on a rollercoaster, and the last 100 feels horrible, but you're there after that! Going to go for the big 2 at a BMC race next week.

Managed 4:09 in the Watford Open 1500 tonight, it's a pb so I can finally say my track pb campaign is open this season! :awesome:

Hahaha :tongue:

I find it painful, but definitely exciting! And congrats on the 1500 time! What's the BMC?
Original post by erniiee
Hahaha :tongue:

I find it painful, but definitely exciting! And congrats on the 1500 time! What's the BMC?

Thanks!

British Milers' Club. Sort of a club/race organising committee for middle distance athletes.

Quick Reply

Latest