The Student Room Group

Revising for BMAT and UKCAT

I've just received a great GCSE result (9 A*s and 5 A's) and have chosen to do Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths and Further Maths for AS. I want to do medicine and I was just wondering that around what time of the year should I start revising for these exams and what will be the best method of revision...
i was just doing one ukcat practice test (from their website) they're really different to your ordinary tests, so it might be a bit hard to 'revise' for them...just do the practice ones from the website...

there's also a whole load of books which have come out claiming that their book is the best way to revise for them, but i'm a bit sceptical
Reply 2
congrats on your gcses! much better than mine i assure you ...
if youv just got your gcse results then dont worry about ukcat/bmat til after you have finished your AS exams.

i am currently preparing for bmat -- since you are doing all science subjects, ensure that you keep your essay abilities up since almost half of the marks available in the bmat (15/33) are awarded based on an 30 minute 1 side of A4 essay. do lots and lots of essays and you should be fine. borrow 'preparing for the bmat' out of the library and take a look atsome of the questions etc. bt if u focus on your as's you shold be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending