The Student Room Group

No Clue!

I have not got the slightest as to where to apply next month!

I'm looking at studying Law at uni, you can see my AS grades in my sig - which im hoping to boost up to ABCC.

I've chosen one out of five, which is Essex, so I have the option of staying at home.

but for the other four choices I just don't know! Any suggestions?

Love from CUFCrp
Reply 1
You need to do a search on UCAS or in a guide to uni courses and see some typical offers. What are your predicted A2 grades likely to be?
I don't want to trash your dreams but I don't think you would get into Edinburgh with those grades - tell me if I am wrong someone - a friend of mine was preicted AAAA and was rejected. It's difficult for English students to get onto popular courses in Scotland because of the tuition fees.
You could try Portsmouth. I'm going there to study Law in a month's time and it looks like a great place to go to uni as everything is in the city centre and the atmosphere seems brillaint there. There open days are super...you definitely shouldn't rule it out. I needed 300 points to get in which is the equivilent of 3 Bs even though i got A B C, but there are some joint law courses which only require 3 Cs such as Law with Business, Law with French etc.
Reply 3
Are you aware the course at Edinburgh is Scottish law and to practice in the UK you will have to do some modules of the GDL.

Kent, they have 2 campuses, one offering ABB and the other CCC, both campuses award you with a degree from the university of Kent and its a good uni.

Northumbria, standard offer is 320 points which you would have, they have a good law school and course which combines the lpc/bvc which saves a lot of money.
Reply 4
That's a good point about Edinburgh kirstinx, I don't really fancy the GDL.

But otherwise thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Latest

Trending

Trending