The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hey, i don't see anything wrong with it, i would've stayed at home except that my uni is 40 minutes away and it would've made things awkward with getting to the library, and i know i wouldn't have got up in the morning to go! also, i don't drive and the bus is always late and sits in hours of traffic in the city.

you'll save a lot of money at the very least :smile:
Reply 2
I was originally intent on applying only to Birmingham because it's only a 40 minute train ride away and I wanted to live at home. Then I decided I wanted to apply to Oxford, where I would have to live in. Then, after doing the Physics Summer School at B'ham (and staying in uni accommodation) I thought I'd be better living in because I might want to study late in the library....but then I found out that the library closes at 10.30pm (unlike at Oxford where many of the college libraries are open 24 hours!) and I'd still be able to get the last train home. So, if I go to B'ham I probably will live at home as my travel costs, about £500 a year, will only be a sixth of the accommodation costs.

Does all that make sense?? :biggrin:
Reply 3
hmm yeh i live in oxford so am going to oxford brookes because im going 2 the business skool its like 20 mins drive from whr i live...but have another campus like 10 mins walk from my house so cud easily go der to study in the lib!...

hmm jus wondered whether alot of ppl do that.
I live in Milton Keynes and plan to commute to Luton for uni 3 days a week (it's a full time course, but on 3 days)... I'm hopefully getting my travel (taxi)paid for as I'm a disabled student so it makes sense to stay at home as my mum is my main 'carer'.

The only thing that worries me is being too drunk to get in a taxi at the end of a night out lol.
Reply 5
Ilora-Danon

The only thing that worries me is being too drunk to get in a taxi at the end of a night out lol.

Ditto. :rolleyes: Well, to be honest... I've never been drunk and I'm doubting whether I'll even be going to some of the clubs during freshers week.

Latest

Trending

Trending