The Student Room Group

Physchology Students Help Plzzz

hey i have to pick my options by 2 days time and i have chemistry, biology and spanish but ned a fourth. I am hoping to go into medicine.

For any of you physcology students out there could you please tell me what its like, how hard/easy it is and what the work load is like. I don;t want to have too many subjects with high workloads or i won;t meet my grades.

Any opinions on physoclogy would be good thanks
even people who don't do it but know from mates etc what its like
Well depends what exam board your doing. I'm currently doing psychology A aqa A2 level. I have to admitt psychology AS was kind of easy, but just too much too remember. As long as you keep up throughout the year you'll do fine. Best thing is that there are no coursworks!!! :biggrin: (untill the second year:p: )
Reply 3
Erm it's not an easy A Level but the content itself isn't that difficult. There is quite a lot of revision though. It seems quite common nowadays for Medics to take Maths/Chem/Bio and then Psych because it's still got some Biology in it yet it still helps you to learn to write essays. But to be honest at A Level the work loads are all reasonably high if you're going to do a good A Level, but I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 4
If you want to go into medicine, maths is more beneficial in the long term than psychology...especially at AS/A-level.
thanks alot for your input....
to above^^^ i know many do maths but i really do hate maths lol, and i have researched it and it only takes chemistry A level and one other from bio, maths, physyics. if you have both of those and a 3rd a level then thats fine for medics
Reply 6
then psychology it is! (:
It's a reasonably easy subject as long as you're okay with essay writing. Although it may not be respected by top Unis, it's really interesting and i'm glad I did it :smile:
firstly its psyschology, but that really doesnt matter!

& ive loved it!

also ive got a friend who took those four subjects chem,bio,psy,n spanish
n he loved it.

he also wanted to go into medicine but recently hes been enjoying psychology and spanish so much he thinking of maybe doing them as a joint honors at uni.

you need to take what ull enjoy.
otherwise u wont be dedicated enough to carry through all ur studies.

& if you find a subjects not for you, you could prob change it in the first few weeks.

i took biology instead or art.
but i cant stand sicences.
2 lessons of me dying with bored i went to my seniour tutor and changed it!
and got an A in art.
the bordem i recieved in biology probably would have led me to get a D in it.

good luck in whatever u decide/have decided
Reply 9
i think the issue with pyschology especially in year 2 is the quantity. Dont think its hard to understand but theres loads and loads to revise. i got a's in all my modules, one of them i didnt revise as much but i still did a lot and got a d.

Latest